General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Is the sustain pedal the same as Studiologic VFP1/15 ?

Postby nordastic » 21 Jul 2021, 14:46

Hello,

I was doing some research and it looks like nord is essentially putting their logo to a Studiologic VFP1/15?

I'm asking this because it costs almost double, and I don't like paying twice for a logo!

Thanks in advance!
nordastic

Is the sustain pedal the same as Studiologic VFP1/15 ?

Sponsor

Re: Is the sustain pedal the same as Studiologic VFP1/15 ?

Postby maxpiano » 21 Jul 2021, 15:17

Yes, the single sustain pedal (not the triple) is basically that one with the logo. But you can use any on/off sustain pedal as well, just to be clear.
Last edited by maxpiano on 21 Jul 2021, 15:17, edited 1 time in total.

The author maxpiano was thanked by:
nordastic
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby nordastic » 21 Jul 2021, 15:20

maxpiano wrote:Yes, the single sustain pedal (not the triple) is basically that one with the logo. But you can use any on/off sustain pedal as well, just to be clear.

No equivalent for the triple pedal then?
nordastic

Postby maxpiano » 21 Jul 2021, 16:04

nordastic wrote:
maxpiano wrote:Yes, the single sustain pedal (not the triple) is basically that one with the logo. But you can use any on/off sustain pedal as well, just to be clear.

Nope, the triple pedal is still made by Fatar but based on a specific Nord design (of switches and resistors and cabling, see accessories-and-amplification-f8/inside-triple-pedal-modification-t1883.html ) and is not sold outside the Nord brand.
Last edited by maxpiano on 21 Jul 2021, 16:14, edited 1 time in total.

The author maxpiano was thanked by:
nordastic
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Postby nordastic » 21 Jul 2021, 16:35

maxpiano wrote:
nordastic wrote:

Nope, the triple pedal is still made by Fatar but based on a specific Nord design (of switches and resistors and cabling, see accessories-and-amplification-f8/inside-triple-pedal-modification-t1883.html ) and is not sold outside the Nord brand.

In this case, does the price difference make sense having into account all modifications ?
nordastic

Postby maxpiano » 21 Jul 2021, 17:06

nordastic wrote:
maxpiano wrote:
nordastic wrote:No equivalent for the triple pedal then?

In this case, does the price difference make sense having into account all modifications ?

What does that mean "make sense"? If you mean that Nord Triple Pedal is pricey... welcome to the club, you are not the first nor the last who may see it that way...but for Nord it makes sense instead... :roll:
Last edited by maxpiano on 21 Jul 2021, 17:12, edited 1 time in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Postby Spider » 21 Jul 2021, 17:15

nordastic wrote:In this case, does the price difference make sense having into account all modifications ?

Is it worth if you need its functionalities (damper and sostenuto pedaling, pedal noise). It's been discussed at length in the forum how there are no other ways to use those functions with other pedals from other brands, because the standard FATAR design has been customized by Clavia. So if you need the triple pedal, you have only one choice and that makes it automatically "worth" it.

If you only need the sustain function, the Nord single pedal -or almost any other cheaper pedal from other brands- will work perfectly.
Last edited by Spider on 21 Jul 2021, 17:17, edited 1 time in total.
Spider

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby nordastic » 21 Jul 2021, 19:32

maxpiano wrote:What does that mean "make sense"? If you mean that Nord Triple Pedal is pricey... welcome to the club, you are not the first nor the last who may see it that way...but for Nord it makes sense instead... :roll:

Essentially I wanted to feel good about buying it and not think that that nord is abusing the brand to overcharge like it's doing with single sustain pedal
nordastic

Postby maxpiano » 22 Jul 2021, 10:18

nordastic wrote:
maxpiano wrote:What does that mean "make sense"? If you mean that Nord Triple Pedal is pricey... welcome to the club, you are not the first nor the last who may see it that way...but for Nord it makes sense instead... :roll:

Essentially I wanted to feel good about buying it and not think that that nord is abusing the brand to overcharge like it's doing with single sustain pedal

And what if they maybe do?
That's not the point, the point is if you need the added functionalities of the NTP (and accept its price as a consequence) or you can live happily without it.
Last edited by maxpiano on 22 Jul 2021, 13:39, edited 8 times in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Postby Tasten-Bert » 22 Jul 2021, 12:58

Hi nordastic,

the question as I see it is whether you‘ll be using all functions of the triple pedal or what you actually need. I see you posted your thread in the Stage section, so a Nord Stage seems to be your instrument. Not a Nord Piano or a Nord Grand where I could understand the wish for sostenuto or softener. Do you at least have 88 keys? Just in case a good piano-like sustain pedal would serve you I can recommend the Roland DP-10 which I‘ve used for years without any problems and which costs around 40 € in Germany.
Cheers from here
| nord electro 5D 61 and korg X50 on k&m 18880 or 18950 stand | iPad mini 5 with Set List Maker | phonic AM120 submixer |

... and I loved these of my former stuff: nord electro 3, Roland VR-760, Fatar Studio 1100, korg 01/W, Roland U-20
Tasten-Bert
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Next

Return to Nord Stage Forum