General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Copy Live Mode from a Stage 3 HA88 to a Stage 3 Compact?

Postby DigiPep » 12 Jul 2021, 14:25

I'm a new Nord keyboard owner. Last week I programmed my new Staged 3 HA88 for about 3 hours and was very happy with all of the Live Mode settings that I'd created.

These Live Mode settings incorporated all of the bread & butter sounds, A & B Panels along with Splits and Layers as well as use of the Extern Midi capabilities since I was playing Left Hand key bass in addition to Right Hand Piano and Organ on last Saturday night's gig.

I have a gig coming up this coming weekend where I'd like to use the Stage 3 Compact at 22 pounds instead of the heavier HA88.

Can anyone suggest a way to Duplicate all of the Settings from Live Mode on my Stage HA88, so I can Paste or Transmit them to my Stage 3 Compact?

When I've looked at the Nord Sound Manager, I haven't seen a method of Saving a Backup from the Stage 3 which includes Live Mode.

I also haven't seen a way to Copy a given Live Mode Setup to either a Song Mode or a Program location.

The only solution that I've come up with so far is to set both keyboards side by side in my small home studio and manually eyeball each keyboard's Live section, program, panel, split, transpose and Extern settings one Live Mode 1 through 5 at a time until they all match.

That seems pretty labor intensive to me. Although, going through such a repetitious exercise would probably help reinforce my knowledge of the Nord OS way of doing things

Am I the only individual out there who has two Stage 3 keyboards on which he wants the Live Modes to match each other?

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled with the performance and sound of my Stage 3 HA88 on last Saturday's gig during which I exclusively used Live Mode's flexibility while tweaking on the fly during a 3 hour gig with my trio.

Any suggestions that might help me accomplish the mirroring of Live Mode from one Stage 3 keyboard to another, would be much appreciated!

Thank you in advance!
DigiPep

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Copy Live Mode from a Stage 3 HA88 to a Stage 3 Compact?

Sponsor

Re: Copy Live Mode from a Stage 3 HA88 to a Stage 3 Compact?

Postby FZiegler » 12 Jul 2021, 20:56

Hi, you state you are new to Nord.

That's maybe why you "programmed" the Live mode. It's meant to be used live, so it will save any changes for next time use. Which means: You will never be able to get back to a defined program, as any time you touch a knob or button, your initial programming will be lost. That won't be what you'll want in the long term.

Instead, copy your settings from Live mode to any free program bank (the manual will tell you how - you can do it panel by panel) - then it'll be easy to transfer it to you NS3C. And saving any changes in the beginning (while you still get to know your gear) will only be two steps away: [Store][Store]
Last edited by FZiegler on 12 Jul 2021, 23:26, edited 2 times in total.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
FZiegler
Donator

Postby DigiPep » 12 Jul 2021, 22:07

Thank you so much for getting back to me. So by saving the settings from a Panel to a free Program Bank will that include Split, Transpose, Effects and Extern Settings etc. or will I need to do some of those within Live Mode after retrieving or loading a Saved Program?
DigiPep

Postby DJKeys » 12 Jul 2021, 22:19

Don't copy the panel, save the entire program. Then, all of the parameters will be saved, and you can use the Nord Sound Manager to move it to the other instrument. Then, you can copy the program to whatever Live button you like-

-dj
Last edited by DJKeys on 12 Jul 2021, 22:19, edited 1 time in total.

Nord Stage 3
Nord Wave 2
Yamaha U3
iMac i7 13.5.2
Studio One 5.5.2
Nektar T4
Drawmer DL 241
Focusrite ISA Two
Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre
DJKeys
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave 2

Postby Spider » 13 Jul 2021, 11:56

Have you read the manual? Everything is explained very clearly and concisely, and there's also a section about the Nord Sound Manager which will show you how the various options to save-recover-backup your sounds.
Spider

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby Berretje » 13 Jul 2021, 13:19

Just what Fziegler said:

1. Select Live program (1-5)
2. Press Shift+Store (Save as)
3. Enter name (something like "Live 1") and category
4. Select location where to save that program (press live again to exit live storage location and to select "normal" program storage location
5. Repeat for other live programs
6. Download programs from the Nord Stage 3 to your computer. Connect the other NS3 and upload them to your NS3.
7. If you like, save the program to the live locations (similar to steps 1-4)

For more information about storing programs, look at page 27 (STORE chapter) from the Nord Stage 3 manual
Last edited by Berretje on 13 Jul 2021, 13:28, edited 2 times in total.
Gr Bart

Coverband Blush
Nord User Sounds - Program/Sample Collection

>> Check this awesome website to visually view the settings of your NS2/NS3 programs!

Current gear
Nord Stage 2 HA88
Yamaha Tyros 5
Connected with a MioXM and powered by Bandhelper

The author Berretje was thanked by:
WannitBBBad
Berretje

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby DigiPep » 14 Jul 2021, 04:53

Thank you to everyone that responded to my question. I haven't had time yet to read through the entire manual as I've been dealing with home plumbing and vehicle issues. However, I intend to follow all of your instructions very carefully and let you know how it goes. Thanks again everybody!
DigiPep

Return to Nord Stage Forum