Share your complete Nord Stage 3 programs/patches including sample sets (nsmp files) used, including mp3 previews.
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.

Queen One Vision Arpeggiator - Half Step Down - Need Help!

Postby Charlie5150 » 08 Jul 2021, 16:42

Hey there fellow Nordsters!

I have a little problem...I got myself the great "Essential Covers" Bundle from narfsounds for my Stage 3, mainly for the Queen presets on it as I currently play in a Queen tribute band.

Now the dilemma: the band plays a tuned down, a half-step to be precise. Now the preset for the song "One Vision" contains one sample which features a sampled arpeggio as well as a String swell.

What is the easiest method to bring that down half a step so I can use the whole sound with the band? I doubt that the stage 3 can do that internally...

Best regards!

EDIT: I do have the Nord Sample Editor, is there an easy way to use i for that purpose?
Last edited by Charlie5150 on 08 Jul 2021, 16:51, edited 1 time in total.
Charlie5150

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Queen One Vision Arpeggiator - Half Step Down - Need Help!

Sponsor

Re: Queen One Vision Arpeggiator - Half Step Down - Need Hel

Postby WannitBBBad » 08 Jul 2021, 23:03

Hello, welcome to the Forum! To address the problem I would record a WAV file of the notes with the Arpegiator and string swell using Audacity (or other recorder/editor software). Load your sample into an empty program so all synth parameters are at their default and all effects are off; you want the sample you create to be in the same raw format as the original (granted the original will be playing through the HP12 filter). Play all the notes you need sampled starting from the bottom and leaving a clean break between notes. Once your WAV file is created (save the original), change the pitch of the notes in the WAV file you need altered and save it under a new name for importing into the Nord Sample Editor. If you use Audacity, make sure the lower left box is checked to use high quality stretching (see pic). The tricky part of putting together a sample meant to be transposed is with split points, understanding that transposing the Nord down a half step means that the sample you create will have all notes shifted UP a half step (whatever is on B will play on the C note for example). Addressing the split point(s): If the two sounds have a split point set at C3, you'll want the range of your lower sample to end at Bb2 and the range of the upper sample to start at B2. When you transpose down a half step on the Stage 3, the sample will shift UP a half step so that upper sample will start at C3. Make sense? Good luck to you!

Audacity - Change Pitch.jpg
Audacity - Change Pitch.jpg (35.97 KiB) Viewed 1068 times
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 09 Jul 2021, 23:21, edited 7 times in total.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord Stage 3 Programs (*.ns3p files)