Everything about the Nord Wave Synthesizer

Re: Anyone also disappointed by the W2?

Postby skylerocean » 19 Jun 2021, 01:04

RafalSC wrote:This is the "glassy" Cobalt I like. I don't need samples because I have everything in Kronos.
I need a lightweight synthesizer with a good keybed for the Kronos add-on.

Did you mean to include a link?

Also, what do you mean by the 'Kronos add-on'? I read your previous post as well, do you just mean you want to have a 2nd Keyboard for your performance rig?

It sounds like you want the Wave 2 for two things: Waterfall Keybed + Nord Synth engine...but don't want it because of it's high price-point. I get that, you're paying for features that you don't plan on using (samples). I know you say you don't need samples, but it is a lot of fun to layer a sample with a synth layer (IMO). Plus you get:
- FX/Delay/Verb sections (which are great)
- Arpeggiator/Pattern module (which is incredibly expansive if it's of interest for you)
- Impulse Morph (super cool button that can instantly change anything on the board...I like using it as a 'killswitch' or to trigger delay for just a moment)
- Super simple and quick interface to change things on the fly without having to dive through menus.

I think that it's all up to you now my friend. You can look at other boards, but it's entirely possible you will run into the same issue of not liking the keybed on cheaper keyboards.
Last edited by skylerocean on 19 Jun 2021, 01:07, edited 1 time in total.

Nord Wave 2
Nord Stage Classic
skylerocean

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave 2

Sponsor

Postby DJKeys » 19 Jun 2021, 01:09

skylerocean wrote:
RafalSC wrote:I think that it's all up to you now my friend. You can look at other boards, but it's entirely possible you will run into the same issue of not liking the keybed on cheaper keyboards.

This is a good point. A lot of the expense of a keyboard is in the actual keybed used. A lot of instruments are cheaper, but they have two things I cannot tolerate, a sub standard keybed action and a Wall Wart power supply.

-dj

Nord Stage 3
Nord Wave 2
Yamaha U3
iMac i7 13.5.2
Studio One 5.5.2
Nektar T4
Drawmer DL 241
Focusrite ISA Two
Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre
DJKeys
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby RafalSC » 19 Jun 2021, 18:54

skylerocean wrote:
RafalSC wrote:This is the "glassy" Cobalt I like. I don't need samples because I have everything in Kronos.

Did you mean to include a link?

Also, what do you mean by the 'Kronos add-on'? I read your previous post as well, do you just mean you want to have a 2nd Keyboard for your performance rig?

It sounds like you want the Wave 2 for two things: Waterfall Keybed + Nord Synth engine...but don't want it because of it's high price-point. I get that, you're paying for features that you don't plan on using (samples). I know you say you don't need samples, but it is a lot of fun to layer a sample with a synth layer (IMO). Plus you get:
- FX/Delay/Verb sections (which are great)
- Arpeggiator/Pattern module (which is incredibly expansive if it's of interest for you)
- Impulse Morph (super cool button that can instantly change anything on the board...I like using it as a 'killswitch' or to trigger delay for just a moment)
- Super simple and quick interface to change things on the fly without having to dive through menus.

I think that it's all up to you now my friend. You can look at other boards, but it's entirely possible you will run into the same issue of not liking the keybed on cheaper keyboards.

BINGO ! :thumbup:
RafalSC

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead A1

Postby tsss27 » 21 Jun 2021, 21:32

The keybed in the Cobalt is used in a lot of higher end synths. I forget the model, but that is one part I have yet to read anything negative about. If you like its brighter sound, it would certainly fit your requirements for less than half the price of the Wave, as the Kronos will have far more useful sample capabilities and as you say you already have those sounds covered in that board.
tsss27
Patch Creator

Postby RafalSC » 22 Jun 2021, 11:18

I have another question - does NW2 read sample library 2.0?
https://www.nordkeyboards.com/sound-lib ... y-20/synth
RafalSC

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead A1

Postby FZiegler » 22 Jun 2021, 11:55

Maybe, that's the wrong question. Because you always use the Nord Sound Manager to load samples onto your instrument. And NSM starting from V.7.22 will convert NSMP files into NSMP3 on the fly. So that should work without a problem for the Sample Library 2.0 - maybe even for sounds from the Sample Archive (haven't tested that yet).

https://www.nordkeyboards.com/software- ... nd-manager
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
FZiegler
Donator

Postby Mr_-G- » 22 Jun 2021, 13:40

Nord Sample Library 2.0
Compatible Products

Nord Stage 2 EX v2.10+
Nord Stage 2 v2.10+
Nord Piano 3 v1.00+
Nord Piano 2 v1.20+
Nord Electro 5 v1.00+
Nord Electro 4 v1.20+
Nord Electro 3 HP v3.14+
Nord Electro 3 v3.12+
Nord Wave v2.14+

From the Nord site itself
Last edited by Mr_-G- on 22 Jun 2021, 13:41, edited 1 time in total.
Mr_-G-

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Re: Кто-нибудь также разочарован W2?

Postby andy_felon » 22 Jun 2021, 19:39

RafalSC wrote:У меня есть еще один вопрос - читает ли NW2 библиотеку образцов 2.0? https://www.nordkeyboards.com/sound-lib ... y-20/synth

Yes. I did that.
andy_felon

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Wave 2

Postby FZiegler » 22 Jun 2021, 23:25

Mr_-G- wrote:Nord Sample Library 2.0
Compatible Products
Nord Wave v2.14+

Which won't help for a Wave 2, because "Nord Wave v2.14+" means the original Wave with OS from 2.14 upwards. But doesn't matter, as I said NSM will convert the files.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
FZiegler
Donator

Postby betroi » 14 Jul 2021, 19:24

hello, I have a question about my Nord Wave2.
When I make a program with a keyboard split: if I have a piano on the left and a trumpet on the right, how do I make the sustain pedal active only on the piano? (on my Nord Piano 4, there is a specific function to activate or deactivate the sustain and the volume for the piano or the samples)
thank you for your reply.
betroi

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5

PreviousNext

Return to Nord Wave Forum