Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Nord Electro Velocity Split workaround

Postby Reggae Head » 07 Jun 2021, 11:39

Hello,
:
I've got a good old Electro 2 and love this thing - the sound quality, the ease of use, the work flow, the look. And soundwise I don't miss anything.
Now I want to reduce my rig to only my one stage piano... but for what I play I would need a velocity split with two timbres. So I thought about altering the *.cn3-files by changing the different samples for different velocities on my pc. I know this work around is not meant to be, but I'd rather stick to my Electro 2 than getting a workstation with hundreds of sounds I don't need.

Is there any way to edit the *.cn3-files on PC - other than just downloading, saving and loading?

I've searched the whole web, but couldn't find any answer. So I'd be glad, if you could help me out.
Reggae Head

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2

Nord Electro Velocity Split workaround

Sponsor

Re: Nord Electro Velocity Split workaround

Postby anotherscott » 07 Jun 2021, 13:35

.cn3 files are not user-editable

In current boards, I'd say the closest thing to an Electro 2 in look/feel/operation/sound selection but supporting multi-velocity custom samples is a Dexibell J7 Combo.

Or you could use your Electro as a controller and have these sounds on, say, an attached iPad.

The author anotherscott was thanked by:
FZiegler
anotherscott

Re: Nord Electro Velocity Split workaround

Postby Reggae Head » 07 Jun 2021, 23:22

Thank You :thumbup:
Reggae Head

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2

Return to Nord Electro Forum