All topics involving amplification and other accessories you are using with your Nord, and how all those things work together.

Nord Sound Manager for iOS Pitch

Postby ryanq » 22 Feb 2021, 02:52

Messed around with a little Sunday Project. I’m dying for a good Nord Sound manager app for iPad. So I decided to put together some vision mocks. I’d love to make something real, but I’m sure there’s lot of propriety stuff that would make it impossible. If you’re a developer and are interested in helping out, hit me up!

Some Ideas I’d want on the product roadmap:

1. One step download and load individual sounds to try them out quickly
  2. Batch edit and organize programs
  3. External Memory Mode — Download sounds to your iOS device, and as long as it’s plugged in, you can play available sounds
  4. Build program virtually on-screen and load them in later.
  5. Browse and share user created programs and sounds
  6. Firmware update / management
  7. Tweak any keyboard setting from within the app
  8. iCloud backup and sync of my programs and settings.
  9. Unused Sounds — log the last time I played a sound, and let me set a threshold for auto-removal and reclaim space
  10. Using the bottom bar for multi keyboard management and quick swapping.
  11. Building set lists for a quick Mainstage-style sound manager

The author ryanq was thanked by 3 members, including:
StrangeAeonsTasten-BertBerretje
ryanq

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Grand

Nord Sound Manager for iOS Pitch

Sponsor

Re: Nord Sound Manager for iOS Pitch

Postby ryanq » 22 Feb 2021, 02:52

Still need to put in a lot of work, including subbing out these icons from the Noun Project for a proper set that I’ve designed and balanced myself.
ryanq

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Grand

Postby Tasten-Bert » 25 Feb 2021, 20:03

Hi ryanq
and a very warm welcome to this wonderful forum of nord enthusiasts. You‘ve put together many good thoughts. I would be happy if at least the functions of the Nord Sound Manager could be made usable on iPadOs. Sound pre-listener is a nice add-on.
Unfortunately I‘m not a programmer so I‘m not in the position to assist in any way except giving some hope and encouragement. Cheers from sunny Germany
Last edited by Tasten-Bert on 02 Jun 2021, 13:49, edited 1 time in total.
| nord electro 5D 61 and korg X50 on k&m 18880 or 18950 stand | iPad mini 5 with Set List Maker | phonic AM120 submixer |

... and I loved these of my former stuff: nord electro 3, Roland VR-760, Fatar Studio 1100, korg 01/W, Roland U-20
Tasten-Bert
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby Rfilipe » 01 Jun 2021, 23:15

Fantastic!!!

Any news?
Rfilipe

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4

Postby florence » 02 Jun 2021, 08:48

hi ryanq

This is a great project, but with a lot of unofficial and undocumented challenges. I mean, decode the NSM communication protocol.. not sure if this is safe or easy. By safe I mean, reading would be ok for Nord I guess, but writing (download) is another story.

Last year, I worked on another program that required a lot of reverse engineering effort too, https://www.norduserforum.com/nord-stage-forum-f3/ns3-program-viewer-t19939.html and contacted Nord/Clavia (support@clavia.se) to know their official position. They were ok as long as the unofficial app does not produce any generated program files! I assume you should contact them too, to avoid any futur issue.

Now regarding your roadmap:

1. One step download and load individual sounds to try them out quickly:
    I really like this one :)
  2. Batch edit and organize programs
    I like the NSM dual view to organize programs, not sure what better can be done.
  3. External Memory Mode — Download sounds to your iOS device, and as long as it’s plugged in, you can play available sounds
    Not sure how you want to do that. By sounds you mean Nord sounds?? The sound engine is in the Piano, means you will need to download it first, or just by MIDI notes driving a player?
  4. Build program virtually on-screen and load them in later.
    Nice one, with my app I have done half of the job, but viewer only to avoid issue with Nord
  5. Browse and share user created programs and sounds
    This exists already, another nice app https://nordusersounds.com is doing that already very well.`
  6. Firmware update / management
    Well what can I say, this is very difficult to sell, I would never use unofficial apps to update the firmware of my Nords...
  7. Tweak any keyboard setting from within the app
    Similar to 4.
  8. iCloud backup and sync of my programs and settings.
    Great
  9. Unused Sounds — log the last time I played a sound, and let me set a threshold for auto-removal and reclaim space
    With MIDI PG you can track what is used to monitor what is played, but this works only if you app is connected all the time...
  10. Using the bottom bar for multi keyboard management and quick swapping.
    not sure to understand well this one.
  11. Building set lists for a quick Mainstage-style sound manager.
    Nice, could even be on the top of the list!

Like Rfilipe I'm curious to know the current progress of your project... This UI looks great, just a mockup for now or are some feature already working?

Good luck!
My free online tool to view Nord Stage programs https://ns3-program-viewer.cyclic.app
florence
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Return to Accessories and Amplification