Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

Help needed with cleaning contacts on Grand

Postby Caludaj » 23 May 2021, 18:01

Is there an instructional video or tutorial as to how to open up a Nord Grand to clean the contacts? I have a key that intermittently but dramatically jumps up in volume and have been told by a few users that it is probably a dirty contact.

I would be very happy to try and clean it myself but need some guidance with opening the keyboard up and accessing the Keybed/Contacts.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Joe
Caludaj

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Grand

Help needed with cleaning contacts on Grand

Sponsor

Re: Help needed with cleaning contacts on Grand

Postby pterm » 28 May 2021, 06:53

This might be a good place to start:
https://www.norduserforum.com/nord-piano-grand-forum-f10/nord-grand-complete-disassembly-and-teardown-guide-t19178.html?hilit=grand%20guide#p128264
When I opened this, the images load really slowly...
It shows how to open the unit, but not how to access the keybed's switch contacts. This is the most complex Nord keybed, and I don't recall anyone servicing it themselves. Take a look at the images and see if it's some thing you even want to attempt.
pterm
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Re: Help needed with cleaning contacts on Grand

Postby Spider » 28 May 2021, 09:21

Usually, even the diehard DIY users counsel against servicing the HA keybed by yourself...and the Kawai keybed in the Grand is likely at least as complicated, if not more. Is your instrument still under warranty? I'd send it in for repairs without thinking twice.
Spider

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum