Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Trouble using 4D to midi control synths

Postby Culturedslob » 21 May 2021, 22:26

After receiving a new midi sequencer to intgrate into my music production system, I’ve ran into some
Issues trying to use the 4D as a midi controller. Was hoping I could get some guidance.

Im trying to have a Nord Electro 4D be the board that I use to play both my Behringer Odyssey and my Korg Volca Keys and send their midi data to my newly acquired midi sequencer, an Alesis MMT8. As far as I can observe, Ive had everything on the same midi channel, and I’ve done a reset on the Volca, also experimenting with changing everything to channel 2, but I can’t get the Nord to trigger the Volcas engine except for a extremely low almost inaudible bit of signal. This fraction of signal DOES disappear when I switch anyone of the devices to a different channel than the other, and I’ve also tried to weed out which piece of gear is causing the issue, taking the mmt8 and odyssey out of the chain altogether. What’s more confusing is that the Nord DOES trigger the odyssey, and the odyssey triggers the Volca at the normal expected volume. So lost! Would vastly appreciate some help, thanks!
Culturedslob

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4

Trouble using 4D to midi control synths

Sponsor

Return to Nord Electro Forum