Everything about the new Nord Drum and the Nord Beat 2 App.

Clicking noise through bass drum trigger

Postby MatzeM » 13 May 2021, 15:10

Dear forum,

I'm experiencing an annoying issue with the kick-trigger input signal. Any tone that is triggered through the kick pedal has an audible "clicking" noise to it. I've tried different cables and different inputs (Roland KT-10 and a simple external drum pad). Everytime, there is an audible "click" together with the triggered tone. If I play Pad 1 with my drumsticks, the click is not present.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

I'm assuming a production defect as of now since no tweaking of settings could resolve the issue.

Any feedback is appreciated
MatzeM
MatzeM

Clicking noise through bass drum trigger

Sponsor

Re: Clicking noise through bass drum trigger

Postby wartaler » 13 May 2021, 23:52

Hi Matze,
I don't own the 3p so I can't check, but perhaps you could try if the click can also be heard if you're triggering channel 1 with the trig button set at maximum velocity. If so, it's just part of the sound, perhaps you can reach higher velocities more easily with your pedal (or that input) than by striking the pad. I think it's a good idea to evaluate the difference in a recording, rather than directly while playing, in case the pedal itself is noisy. I'd be surprised if the electrical signal from the pedal is bleeding through to the audio output, not sure if that is possible at all, but if you suspect that, I'd have the 3p checked.
Good luck!
Albert
Last edited by wartaler on 22 May 2021, 21:24, edited 3 times in total.
Nord Drum 2, Drum (1), Lead 4, Lead 2x, Stage 'Classic', Micro Modular
wartaler

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Drum 2

Return to Nord Drum Forum