Share and download User samples and project files (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4, *.nsmproj)"
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of patches and samples.

Post NSMP unless Silent Zones or Loop+Fade Out Needed

Postby WannitBBBad » 13 May 2021, 16:37

Recently I've been creating samples based on Stage 3 programs I've put together, however I've taken the approach of posting just the NSMP version so a broader group of Nord users can use them. There are only two conditions that might prompt me to post a file in NSMP3 format, and they are stated in the online manual for the Sample Editor:

"Silent zones are not supported in the NSMP 2 format. In these instances, the closest sample above the silent zone will instead be stretched down."
If I want silent zones at the ends of the keyboard, I can reference a silent wav that's a fraction of a second for those notes and then save in NSMP format. If I need the silent zones to be within the range I will be playing, I need to determine if placing a silent wav(s) within the sample will affect the polyphony for the sounds I do need - if so, I will save/share an NSMP with the silent wavs and an NSMP3 using the silent zones feature.

"Combining Loop and Fade Out is not supported in the NSMP 2 format. In these cases the Loop will be used but not the Fade Out."
This is a great feature of the NSMP3 format however I haven't had the need to use it yet. If I have a sample that's very short in length and need it to be longer but not loop forever, this is a much better and flexible option than having to manually lengthen the wave file sounds before importing them. This feature can also allow you to reduce the size of your overall sample if the sound you are sampling can be shortened and looped effectively, while still fading out at the end.

Feel free to share your thoughts on this. Take care
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 12 Jan 2024, 15:52, edited 8 times in total.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...

The author WannitBBBad was thanked by 8 members, including:
eisblauPer WLeo CastroSpiderSchorschMr_-G-Tasten-Bertrpossemo
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Post NSMP unless Silent Zones or Loop+Fade Out Needed

Sponsor

Re: Saving NSMP unless NSMP3 Needed

Postby Tasten-Bert » 13 May 2021, 17:20

My only nord is an electro 5D which solely takes the nsmp(2) format, so I‘ll be thankful for every file in this standard format. As I love my NE5D I don‘t see any need to upgrade the keyboard in the near future.

WannitBBBad, thank you very much for your efforts.

Cheers from Germany, and stay healthy everybody
| nord electro 5D 61 and korg X50 on k&m 18880 or 18950 stand | iPad mini 5 with Set List Maker | phonic AM120 submixer |

... and I loved these of my former stuff: nord electro 3, Roland VR-760, Fatar Studio 1100, korg 01/W, Roland U-20

The author Tasten-Bert was thanked by:
WannitBBBad
Tasten-Bert
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby Mr_-G- » 13 May 2021, 21:27

Thanks WannitBBBad for considering all users.
What Nord could do, if they really wanted to reduced the number of annoyed users:
1) update the OS and make all their instruments compatible with the new format, or
2) provide a conversion utility to downgrade the new to the old format (i.e. implement it in the Sound manager: load a nsmp3 but transmit the nsmp2 version to the receiving instrument).

The excuse for a different backwards-incompatible format, when the instruments are so similar is difficult to understand.

The author Mr_-G- was thanked by:
WannitBBBad
Mr_-G-

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby Spider » 14 May 2021, 10:36

Yes, I think that unless one needs those two specific features of .nsmp3 when creating samples, ,nsmp is waaaay more flexible, as it will be automatically updated anyway when loaded in a last-generation Nord.
As Mr-G says, what's currently missing is a backwards converter from .nsmp3 to .nsmp. I don't know if it's technically feasible but it would be a huge bonus for the community, as surely there are much more .nsmp users than .nsmp3.
Spider

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby alex78 » 14 May 2021, 15:58

Yes, I think that unless one needs those two specific features of .nsmp3 when creating samples, ,nsmp is waaaay more flexible, as it will be automatically updated anyway when loaded in a last-generation Nord.
As Mr-G says, what's currently missing is a backwards converter from .nsmp3 to .nsmp. I don't know if it's technically feasible but it would be a huge bonus for the community, as surely there are much more .nsmp users than .nsmp3.

I absolutelly agree with that, and of course a converter like this would be great for me as both my nords support only nsmp. I believe though that this concept would not be beneficial for the company, as it would prevent some owners of older models to upgrate.
alex78
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby WannitBBBad » 14 May 2021, 16:41

Mr_-G- wrote:Thanks WannitBBBad for considering all users.
What Nord could do, if they really wanted to reduced the number of annoyed users:
1) update the OS and make all their instruments compatible with the new format, or
2) provide a conversion utility to downgrade the new to the old format (i.e. implement it in the Sound manager: load a nsmp3 but transmit the nsmp2 version to the receiving instrument).

The excuse for a different backwards-incompatible format, when the instruments are so similar is difficult to understand.

I think either option would be welcomed by all. If there was a conversion utility developed, it would be "nice" if it informed the user whether the conversion was successful without changes, or was successful with necessary modifications to meet the NSMP format - the closest sample above the silent zone had to be "stretched down" and/or the Loop was used but not the Fade Out. Better yet if the user was prompted on what action to take when silent zones are detected (use the closest sample above to be stretched down or use a silent 1ms wave to fill in the zone to keep the sample as intended). Depending on the work put into it, a conversion utility could be much more flexible than an OS upgrade, but I think most would still lean toward the convenience of just doing the OS upgrade and moving on. Take care.
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 14 May 2021, 16:47, edited 1 time in total.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...

The author WannitBBBad was thanked by:
Mr_-G-
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Postby alexmarinojR » 16 May 2021, 03:46

Thank you so much, I've heard many of your samples, but rarely can have any use of them . Is it possible to upload stuff from before ? Thank you!
alexmarinojR

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby WannitBBBad » 17 May 2021, 20:54

alexmarinojR wrote:Thank you so much, I've heard many of your samples, but rarely can have any use of them . Is it possible to upload stuff from before ? Thank you!

Hello, I'm not sure I understand your question. What are you interested in being uploaded? Thanks
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 20 May 2021, 14:55, edited 1 time in total.
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Postby cookie » 22 May 2021, 11:38

I agree to stick to the NSMP format for sample sharing here !
This is all about marketing for Nord to update the OS of each of the board that can load samples, so that there is only ONE "nsmp" format !

Fred
cookie
Patch Creator

Postby Klangwerk » 25 May 2021, 18:29

I agree with Freds opinion.
Helmuth :clap:
Racks: Roland XV-3080, Fantom XR, D-05 / JD-08
Keys: Nord Lead 3, Nord Stage 2, Nord Stage 3 compact / Yamaha MX49 / Korg Micro XL
Attic: DX-7 II FD / EX-5 R / Korg 05/RW / Roland JD-800 / JD-990 / E-MU Virtuoso, Proteus 2000, XK-6
Klangwerk
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Next

Return to Nord User Samples (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4 files)