Share and download User samples and project files (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4, *.nsmproj)"
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of patches and samples.

Styx "Too Much Time On My Hands" NSMP Sample

Postby WannitBBBad » 12 May 2021, 15:25

I hope everyone is doing well. A simple one but covering most of the bases, below is a sample I put together for "Too Much Time On My Hands" by Styx covering the Synth and sound effects. Listening to the MP3, the song starts with the sample on the low E key and holds through the initial couple bars to get the tempo, I then turn on the EP1 Piano on the low split and manually play the notes. I then add the upper filtered synth effect from the sample along with an overdriven guitar from the Stage 3. I turn off the EP1 Piano on the lowest split before ending the song - the low F# key has the clock ticking and the low F key has the ending clock slowing down. Fun song to do from the 80s. Take care. The Stage 3 program can be found at LINK--> nord-stage-3-programs-ns3p-ns3pb-files-f32/styx-too-much-time-on-my-hands-revised-t15873.html#p142510

NOTE: Sample updated June 13, 2021 as some bass notes were not set to interpolate to adjacent notes (sorry) and an additional sample added "Styx Too Much Time WT.nsmp" for those who transpose a half step down in performance.
Attachments
Styx Too Much Time WT.nsmp
Sample for "Too Much Time On My Hands" by Styx with additional sample for transposing the key -1
(4.06 MiB) Downloaded 218 times
Styx Too Much Time W.nsmp
Sample for "Too Much Time On My Hands" by Styx - updated June 13, 2021
(3.31 MiB) Downloaded 204 times
Styx 2MuchTime W Program with Sample.mp3
MP3 example of Stage 3 Program "Styx 2MuchTime w.ns3f" using "Styx TooMuchTime W.nsmp3" file
(1.72 MiB) Downloaded 2291 times
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 03 Aug 2021, 15:16, edited 5 times in total.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...

The author WannitBBBad was thanked by 3 members, including:
AlaskanuluPolishPrincetetra
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Styx "Too Much Time On My Hands" NSMP Sample

Sponsor

Return to Nord User Samples (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4 files)