Wave2 Wooden Side Panels?

Everything about the Nord Wave Synthesizer
neckbeard
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Wave2 Wooden Side Panels?

Post by neckbeard »

Does anyone know of any aftermarket wood side panels? I have a Stage3 and I would like the Wave2 to match. I have googled and skimmed the last few years of posts here already.
Cheers and thanks in advance!!!
My 3rd Nord gear:NS73 classic My 4th Nord gear:NW My 5th Norg gear:NL3 My 6th Nord gear:NS273 7th:NS373 8th:NW2
Synth Nerd

Re: Wave2 Wooden Side Panels?

Post by Synth Nerd »

There are companies that make aftermarket Wooden panels for synths,theres normally some on eBay,I'm sure they could make you some,I'd like to have some for my Nordwave 2 also,I think they would just set the Synth off,I don't know why Nord decided to fit them with a grey Logoed Metal trim,its similar to the A1's side trims, they don't tend to look as nice, not sure what the deciding factor was to not have the wooden look trims on the Wave 2

I prefer the newer end cheeks that Nord are using since the NL4 and Stage 3,I much prefer them to the older glossy panels,that I had on the Stage 2

:keyboard:
Spider
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Post by Spider »

Synth Nerd wrote:I don't know why Nord decided to fit them with a grey Logoed Metal trim
I agree. It's the first Nord EVER without red sides (wood or metal) and it just looks...weird.

Plus, I've never been a fan of big logos or huge lettering on instruments. On the Wave 2, when seen from the right-back angle, there are no less than THREE big "NORD WAVE 2" logos crowded together in a few centimeters.
A bit too much maybe?

These users thanked the author Spider for the post:
skylerocean
skylerocean
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave 2

Post by skylerocean »

Spider wrote:
Synth Nerd wrote:I don't know why Nord decided to fit them with a grey Logoed Metal trim
I agree. It's the first Nord EVER without red sides (wood or metal) and it just looks...weird.

Plus, I've never been a fan of big logos or huge lettering on instruments. On the Wave 2, when seen from the right-back angle, there are no less than THREE big "NORD WAVE 2" logos crowded together in a few centimeters.
A bit too much maybe?

Just in case you forget which synth you're playing from different angles! They gotcha covered ;)

Nord Wave 2
Nord Stage Classic