Everything about the Nord Wave Synthesizer

Re: Wave 2 OS Update?

Postby DJKeys » 05 May 2021, 20:59

Not that it will do anything, but I did open a ticket with Support asking why there has not been a Wave 2 update in 6 months. They are putting out updates for much older keyboards. The Wave 2 is relatively new and there has not been an update since last October. I sent the link to Martin's Wish List for the Wave 2 as well. I hope they do not abandon the NW2-

-dj

Nord Stage 3
Nord Wave 2
Yamaha U3
iMac i7 13.5.2
Studio One 5.5.2
Nektar T4
Drawmer DL 241
Focusrite ISA Two
Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre

The author DJKeys was thanked by:
skylerocean
DJKeys
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave 2

Sponsor

Postby skylerocean » 05 May 2021, 21:05

I think the pandemic really screwed up the Wave 2 release since it’s primarily a live performance board. That, and the resurgence of a focus on vintage synths, since everyone is just tinkering around at home. I hope by the end of this year they really push it again as people are gearing up for live shows.

I still believe it suffers a bit of an identity issue that I have a hard time putting my finger on, but I’m still enjoying it and will be using it at a gig this Saturday.

I’m really hoping for a big update soon tho.

Nord Wave 2
Nord Stage Classic

The author skylerocean was thanked by:
DJKeys
skylerocean

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic

Postby DJKeys » 05 May 2021, 21:08

Those are good points, well taken-

-dj

Nord Stage 3
Nord Wave 2
Yamaha U3
iMac i7 13.5.2
Studio One 5.5.2
Nektar T4
Drawmer DL 241
Focusrite ISA Two
Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre
DJKeys
Patch Creator

Postby Schorsch » 05 May 2021, 22:38

DJKeys wrote:Not that it will do anything, but I did open a ticket with Support asking why there has not been a Wave 2 update in 6 months. They are putting out updates for much older keyboards. The Wave 2 is relatively new and there has not been an update since last October. I sent the link to Martin's Wish List for the Wave 2 as well. I hope they do not abandon the NW2-

-dj

Hmm …. there was a significant focus on the Wave 2 for quite a period of time, and efforts to fix issues or add functionalities for other keyboards had been on hold / in the waiting line. I think it’s time now to make up some ground for these ….
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..
Schorsch
Donator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby alex78 » 05 May 2021, 23:25

Maybe they are focusing on the new stage (3EX or 4) in order to have it ready for release when the pandemic ends and gigs fire up again. this scenario together with the low number of clavia's employees, could be an explanation for not updating the wave yet.
alex78
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby skylerocean » 06 May 2021, 21:50

alex78 wrote:Maybe they are focusing on the new stage (3EX or 4) in order to have it ready for release when the pandemic ends and gigs fire up again. this scenario together with the low number of clavia's employees, could be an explanation for not updating the wave yet.

This is what I'm hoping for! I'd love to finally update my Stage 1 as it has seen better days. Tempted to just go for the 3, but that came out back in 2017.

Till then, we have DOMi rockin some Wave 2 and the Piano 5 today :) granted it's just a basic wave patch but hey! it's getting used :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xPYv_mqviY

Nord Wave 2
Nord Stage Classic
skylerocean

Postby DJKeys » 06 May 2021, 22:08

Man, those kids are phenomenal-

-dj

Nord Stage 3
Nord Wave 2
Yamaha U3
iMac i7 13.5.2
Studio One 5.5.2
Nektar T4
Drawmer DL 241
Focusrite ISA Two
Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre
DJKeys
Patch Creator

Postby DJKeys » 09 Jun 2021, 20:06

No response at all on my Wave 2 update enquiry. Usually I receive a response. I hope they fix some of the issues instead of just doing the nsmp v4 compatibility-

-dj
Last edited by DJKeys on 09 Jun 2021, 20:07, edited 1 time in total.

Nord Stage 3
Nord Wave 2
Yamaha U3
iMac i7 13.5.2
Studio One 5.5.2
Nektar T4
Drawmer DL 241
Focusrite ISA Two
Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre
DJKeys
Patch Creator

Postby skylerocean » 09 Jun 2021, 20:38

DJKeys wrote:No response at all on my Wave 2 update enquiry. Usually I receive a response. I hope they fix some of the issues instead of just doing the nsmp v4 compatibility-

The optimistic side of me is that they're working on a bigger update rather than a smaller, incremental update. Nord hasn't ever really abandoned one of their products... have they?

Part of me wonders if some of the bugs revealed some sort of deeper issues with how the Wave 2 is programmed. For instance, the vibratos not syncing across layers -- I definitely consider this to be a bug, and with my very brief experiences with programming, I know sometimes a bug reveals a whole different issue that needs to be tackled first in order to solve the bug. I wonder if this is related to some of the Wave 2 problems.

That and I think they may just have a very slow adoption rate for this board.

Nord Wave 2
Nord Stage Classic
skylerocean

Postby tsss27 » 09 Jun 2021, 20:43

I think Nord released this board way before it was ready, honestly.

In all previous Nords, vibrato was a global setting right? Perhaps it wasn't tested fully when they decided to FINALLY! allow it to be a per-preset parameter. That being said, having tried 2 different Wave 2 units, the main LFO wouldn't sync across layers once the patch was saved and re-loaded later regardless of whether the layers were in multi-edit, grouped, or synced to tempo. They do not all start at the same point in their cycles, so when one layer's LFO is at the top, another may be at the bottom of its cycle. LFO is the only section with this problem -- even effects that modulate like the phaser don't do this. Some people seem to be able to get this working, but for me it was a dealbreaker along with receiving a brand new unit that was already defective the second time around and various other bugs. Hope the Wave 3 gets it right!
tsss27
Patch Creator

PreviousNext

Return to Nord Wave Forum