Share and download User samples and project files (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4, *.nsmproj)"
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of patches and samples.

FM Strings.

Postby StrangeAeons » 06 May 2021, 10:11

Hi, I sampled a strings patch I came up with on a DX7 (a VST actually, but it's nevertheless a DX7 sound-wise). I'm aware it's extremely heavy but every note was individually sampled, so that it sounds much better than Nord's own FM strings sample. No NSMP 2 version this time unfortunately, as I don't have the track I recorded anymore (which is also why I can't currently resample it by thirds or fourths). I added a touch of FX in the demo. If it's too heavy, I'll remove the file and try to recreate and resample the patch whenever I have the time!

FM Strings.nsmp3
Sample Library 3.0 only
(29.49 MiB) Downloaded 126 times
Attachments
Demo.mp3
Audio demo
(305.3 KiB) Downloaded 466 times
Last edited by StrangeAeons on 06 May 2021, 10:12, edited 1 time in total.

The author StrangeAeons was thanked by:
Spider
StrangeAeons
Patch Creator

FM Strings.

Sponsor

Re: FM Strings.

Postby cookie » 06 May 2021, 12:03

Thanks for the sharing.
Indeed, huge size ! Not sure the added sound quality by multi-samples for this type of sound is relevant but maybe other members will be need !

Following the DX multi-sample thread (https://www.norduserforum.com/nord-user-samples-nsmp-samples-f14/free-dx7-samples-by-yamaha-plus-cs80-dx1-dx5-and-cs40m-t9653-10.html), I did a quick research and am also sharing here a first draft of a DX1 analog strings using "only 13 multi-samples".
Not intended for any sound comparison with yours, but thought this could be helpful for other members.

Glad to share the project and WAV files in PM if interested to regenerate a better nsmp !
PD DX1 Ana Strings.nsmp
DX1 Analog strings from the free Zampler multi-sample files
(7.27 MiB) Downloaded 113 times

Quick and dirty copy/paste of 3 sample notes and 2 chords (3 notes per octave sampled, not many choice :) ) to get a glimpse :

Fred
Attachments
PD DX1 Ana Strings - 2 chords.mp3
2 chords C/E and E/G#
(102.12 KiB) Downloaded 263 times
PD DX1 Ana Strings - 3 notes.mp3
Quick copy paste of 3 notes to get a quick taste
(192.31 KiB) Downloaded 274 times
cookie
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Re: FM Strings.

Postby Spider » 06 May 2021, 13:40

Thanks for sharing! If you don't have the time, users with nsmp3-capable Nords can resample it by loading it and re-recording it in their DAW every 3-4 notes as a .wav file.
Spider

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Return to Nord User Samples (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4 files)