General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Re: Drawbar Live behavior - NS3 compact

Postby keysmcgee » 04 May 2021, 16:38

Yeah, I'm scratching my head a bit as to the best use of the "live drawbars" mode now. Neither solution is ideal; live drawbars has drawbacks, but I also don't like recalling presets and having the drawbars not match the preset.
-Stephen

DISCLAIMER - professionally affiliated with Fulcrum Acoustic
keysmcgee

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 5

Sponsor

Postby ericL » 04 May 2021, 17:13

keysmcgee wrote:Yeah, I'm scratching my head a bit as to the best use of the "live drawbars" mode now. Neither solution is ideal; live drawbars has drawbacks, but I also don't like recalling presets and having the drawbars not match the preset.

I have a "hybrid" approach that avoids the "live drawbars," as I create Programs for each song in the bands I perform with (plus Songs with multiple Programs per song). Often, I need to be ready to go for the next song with the push of the button and this could mean an entirely different landscape of drawbars for me. In such cases, for example, if it's a song where I may be shifting between something like 885000005 and 808000555 or similar, I just save the one thing and make physical moves on the drawbars. Then I have something dramatically different in the Preset II space.
Nords: NE2, NS2 88, NS3 Compact x 2
Live rig: NS3, Vent, Radial KL-8, Shure PSM-900 IEM Rig, UE18 & UE7 IEMs.
Studio: Hammond A-101 & Leslie 122, Yamaha CP-80, Yamaha S90, NS2, DSI Prophet-6, Vent II, Roland JX-8P.
ericL
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Previous

Return to Nord Stage Forum