Share and download User samples and project files (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4, *.nsmproj)"
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of patches and samples.

Re: Electric Guitar sample.

Postby StrangeAeons » 30 Apr 2021, 15:31

CountFosco wrote:
StrangeAeons wrote:Isn't it amazing, though? We keyboardists are the only musicians who could play and arrange an entire song by ourselves

Sure, if you mean QWERTY (or QWERTZ here) keyboardists.

Do not forget our quirky AZERTY friends.
StrangeAeons
Patch Creator

Sponsor

Postby WannitBBBad » 30 Apr 2021, 16:21

StrangeAeons wrote:
WannitBBBad wrote:Regarding the fast passages noted above, you might want to try either adjusting the start of the note sample in the Nord Sample Editor to get to the sound quicker (less guitar pick attack) or using the "fast attack" setting in the Synth section. Take care.

Thanks for the tip, it's definitely an attack issue! I already sampled a few patches from my Korg but it was much easier, since they were either piano or synth sounds. I took a look at past discussions and found the following: "Yes, you have to set the fast attack point in the Nord sample editor". Where is that fast attack option located though? I can't find any attack-related settings. I also looked on the online Sample Editor guide and my Electro's manual, to no avail: there's no mention of that setting. Am I tripping over my own feet?

Hello, the FAST ATK button is just below the OSC1 indicator lights - hold SHIFT and push that button to go to that mode. It works well with some Samples and terrible with others. In the Nord Sample Editor you can select "Start" to see the beginning of the wave used for each key and zoom in on the wave to pick a different start point - I always pick the zero crossing of the wave. Take care
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby Mr_-G- » 30 Apr 2021, 17:48

This is a message on behalf of the forum team:

We are grateful that you wish to share your samples, but please note that posting in the internet is certainly not for "personal use".
At the end of the day the problem is that irresponsible uploads can put the site owner in trouble.
Please understand that most people do not have the time or resources to fight potential copyright claims. Therefore we kindly ask you not to do this.
Thank you for your understanding.

The author Mr_-G- was thanked by 5 members, including:
JohannesDJKeysSchorschBerretjeWannitBBBad
Mr_-G-

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby StrangeAeons » 01 May 2021, 12:20

Mr_-G- wrote:This is a message on behalf of the forum team:

We are grateful that you wish to share your samples, but please note that posting in the internet is certainly not for "personal use".
At the end of the day the problem is that irresponsible uploads can put the site owner in trouble.
Please understand that most people do not have the time or resources to fight potential copyright claims. Therefore we kindly ask you not to do this.
Thank you for your understanding.

If you wish to be on the safe side, that's totally understandable. Yet, if that's your point of view, I believe that other samples should be removed as well, notably those including certain digital synths' (which are custom computers running a copyrighted software, much like any PC with a VST) default patches (obviously not user-made ones, which are the vast majority on this forum): I've seen many users sharing M1, DX7 or even relatively recent keyboard's default programs. Otherwise, the message left is "it's okay as long as it's an old keyboard", which isn't an acceptable argument when discussing fair use (since copyright lasts for 70 years post mortem auctoris, with different and usually longer terms according to your jurisdiction, especially for works made for hire).

WannitBBBad wrote:Hello, the FAST ATK button is just below the OSC1 indicator lights - hold SHIFT and push that button to go to that mode. It works well with some Samples and terrible with others. In the Nord Sample Editor you can select "Start" to see the beginning of the wave used for each key and zoom in on the wave to pick a different start point - I always pick the zero crossing of the wave. Take care

Looks like it's a Stage-exclusive feature, unfortunately, since my Electro lacks that button. I guess I really need to get familiar with the Editor.
Last edited by StrangeAeons on 01 May 2021, 12:27, edited 1 time in total.
StrangeAeons
Patch Creator

Postby WannitBBBad » 02 May 2021, 15:48

StrangeAeons wrote:Looks like it's a Stage-exclusive feature, unfortunately, since my Electro lacks that button. I guess I really need to get familiar with the Editor.

As sample memory is so valuable, something you might want to try is making a smaller version of your sample as well using just the C E and G# notes (or any other variation of one note every four notes); it will sound pretty good (especially for power chords) and only use 1/4 of the sample memory. Good luck
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby StrangeAeons » 04 May 2021, 16:05

WannitBBBad wrote:
StrangeAeons wrote:Looks like it's a Stage-exclusive feature, unfortunately, since my Electro lacks that button. I guess I really need to get familiar with the Editor.

As sample memory is so valuable, something you might want to try is making a smaller version of your sample as well using just the C E and G# notes (or any other variation of one note every four notes); it will sound pretty good (especially for power chords) and only use 1/4 of the sample memory. Good luck

You're absolutely right about that: I did it with a couple patches (the Mellotron one I posted and an organ I've yet to post) and it worked fairly well, much more than I expected it to. I initially thought that sampling everything would result in a better patch, but it also means more issues to deal with since I'm new to sampling.
StrangeAeons
Patch Creator

Previous

Return to Nord User Samples (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4 files)