Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Electro 6D or Korg Kronos 2

Postby Daddy Cool » 04 May 2021, 01:20

Hey guys need a little help in making a decision. I currently own a Stage 3 HP & a Kronos 2 88 key. I'm on the fence to trade my kronos for an electro 6D 73 key. The difference in weight is a no brainer if you carry around to gigs and rehearsals. But even though I don't use the kronos to its capabilities it is nice to have all it has to offer on hand. I do like having (2) keyboards I just find it easier for me to switch between the two rather than creating splits and what ever else just on the one board. So let me know what you guys think.
Daddy Cool

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Electro 6D or Korg Kronos 2

Sponsor

Re: Electro 6D or Korg Kronos 2

Postby anotherscott » 04 May 2021, 03:12

What sounds/features do you use on the Kronos (specifically, ones you could not duplicated on your NS3?) You may well be able to get a smaller/lighter board that will do what you need... though it may not end up being an Electro.
anotherscott

Postby Tasten-Bert » 04 May 2021, 09:40

Hi Daddy Cool,

for me it all depends on what you play and what sounds you need. If you need the real synth of the nord Stage, then your NS3 combined with a lighter korg could be fine. If you only need organ plus piano plus good bread and butter sounds, then your Kronos combined with the NE6D 73 would be fine with the plus of the good keybed of the Kronos. So what do you play?

Rainy regards from Germany
| nord electro 5D 61 and korg X50 on k&m 18880 or 18950 stand | iPad mini 5 with Set List Maker | phonic AM120 submixer |

... and I loved these of my former stuff: nord electro 3, Roland VR-760, Fatar Studio 1100, korg 01/W, Roland U-20
Tasten-Bert
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Postby Spider » 04 May 2021, 09:56

An Electro will be completely redundant, given that you already have a Stage. It will just be a much less powerful duplicate of some sounds. Honestly, I would never get both, as I prefer to have different keyboards that give me different things.
Also, the Kronos by itself is much more powerful than the Stage 3 and Electro combined (though it has other disadvantages of course). Can't you exchange the Kronos 88 for the 61-key version? In this way you'd get the best of both worlds, all of the Kronos' power in a portable package.
Another option would be to get a Wave 2 instead of an Electro, in this way you'd have a much different sound palette, instead of just a duplicate of the Stage.

The author Spider was thanked by:
DJKeys
Spider

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby Daddy Cool » 04 May 2021, 22:33

Yes I agree its nice having the Kronos, only thing its a bit heavy to lug around to rehearsals and gigs but i think its still worth doing. Also agree the Electro and Stage are very similar to some extent so kind of pointless having both. I have thought about getting the Wave but I just can't stand the way the key bed feels. I don't think they could have gone with a cheaper feeling key bed. So rather then take a hit on my Kronos for trading in and so on and after sleeping on the thought looks like I will hold onto my Kronos 2 and my Stage 3. Thanks for your input everyone.
Daddy Cool

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord Electro Forum