General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Re: Reverb with Organ question

Postby anotherscott » 19 May 2021, 15:18

cphollis wrote:If you compare how a leslie simulator sounds *after* reverb with placing it *before* reverb, you'll notice that (in an ideal world), leslie before reverb sounds a heckuva lot better.

It depends on whether you're using the reverb to simulate playing the Leslie in a particular sized/kind of room (put reverb after Leslie), vs. using the reverb to simulate playing one of the Hammond models that had spring reverbs built in (in which case, the organ with reverb already on it could be put thhrough the Leslie). I saw a demonstration video for the new Hammond SK Pro, where they mentioned that, due to demand, they added a switchable option to be able to put the reverb before the Leslie for that authenticity, previously they had only had the reverb after the Leslie effect. Though while this was presumably what Nord was after, they didn't quite go all the way, since none of the selectable reverb effects seem specifically designed to emulate the sound of a spring reverb.

Regardless, if you want reverb-after-Leslie on the Nord, it's easy enough to add it, with an external box, or, in fact, if you're going through a mixer, many mixers have their own built-in reverb controls which will let you do this.
anotherscott

Sponsor

Postby anotherscott » 19 May 2021, 17:44

Hlaalu wrote:Scott I think the XK5 already had that option.

Ah. In that case, I guess the rep just meant it was new to the SK line.
anotherscott

PreviousNext

Return to Nord Stage Forum