Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Re: Nord Electro 7, what features do people want?

Postby shapsy » 23 Apr 2021, 22:15

Hi, gents where do you go to find out about accurate news regarding a new release like a Nord Electro 7D in the next quarter of 2021? Can you help me so I am not buying the 6D at the end of it's production cycle? Is Nord like Apple no one says much? I really appreciate it!

thanks
shapsy

Sponsor

Postby XTPowner » 03 May 2021, 06:03

Pitch / Mod Control!
XTPowner

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Postby Luis Flores » 13 May 2021, 17:21

One thing it´s true: not more half stepping, if they are going to sell you another board, make shure there are reasons enough to do it. Im thinking the other brands like: "hey, nord can´t deliver a board that can stand 2 samples at once and pitch bend for less than 4000 LOL"
Luis Flores

Postby Luis Flores » 13 May 2021, 17:30

iluvchiclets wrote:- I would love a Low Pass Filter for the samples. It's one, single knob. ( I don't even need an LFO, the "Vibe" effect does that perfectly.)

- Increase the memory size for the samples. 1 GB is find for pianos and rhodes. If we don't have a synth section on-board, let us have tons of memory for samples of synths.

- Clavinet filters would be great! The clavs are a little sterile since the Electro 2, but the filters always help.

- Please, for the love of God, make a permanent promise to stop putting the reverb before/into the Leslie. What the heck, they fixed it once on the Electro 5 and then they reversed it on the E6? And on the Stage 3!?!?

The increase memory it´s a must since theres no synth engine. even then 1 GB for me it´s a low amount. The good samples would fill the memory so quick. maybe 2 GB it´s fair since this board it´s showing off that "hey, you can load all the sounds you like, but not more than 200, and hey, you dont have synth engine either" This wouldnt be unfair for the stage users cause they have indeed the synth engine. And for that time the stage 4 should have like 4 or 6 GB to continue the distance from one another. This is not a huge petition, you are already paying a good mooney for this boards.
Luis Flores

Postby CountFosco » 13 May 2021, 21:06

To quote a very stupid man from a very simple time in the quaint but distant past. I mean, it was as obvious then as it is now. They just don't listen man.

CountFosco wrote:I honestly think you guys are thinking too small. Nord have really dropped the ball by not developing a 5 manual keyboard with a weighted 88 on the bottom, dual SW waterfall manuals with 8 sets of drawbars, a synth action combining the functionality of all the Lead models and also bringing in the best features from all the other synth I've ever played, and also from the ones I haven't, and on top a full featured workstation with premapped controls for existing DAWS and also for as yet non-existing DAWS. I just think they lack vision.
CountFosco

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Postby Filigroove » 14 May 2021, 11:29

Hi, what I need is a synth mono mode with portamento. I need it more than pitch and/or mod wheel, and I honestly think it’s doable (even for older models 5 and 6), after all it could be just a knob: as soon you turn it mono is active and you can set portamento time with the same knob. What do you think?
Filigroove

Postby Rusty Mike » 14 May 2021, 13:59

I would guess that the mono mode and vibrato delay feature introduced on the new Piano 5 will make their way into the next Electro. I can’t recall offhand if portamento was part of that. But I agree that I could get by without pitch bend/mod wheel if these features were implemented.
Mike from Central NJ, USA
Tools: Ten fingers, two feet, middle-age brain, questionable judgement and taste
Nords: Piano 5 73, Stage 2EX 76 HP, Electro 6D 73
Rusty Mike

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Postby Filigroove » 14 May 2021, 15:52

Wow! I didn’t know they did it already. I bet it could be possible to implement it on the Electro 6 too.
Filigroove

Postby vcfvca » 01 Jul 2021, 23:56

XTPowner wrote:Pitch / Mod Control!

But remember that you can use a an external controller keyboard for pitch bend. If you can map the Mod Wheel to controller 90 (Vibe effect) you can get pretty close to standard vibrato as well.

Sure it's another keyboard but the E5s and E6s can play 2 or even 3 (E6) layers at once - using a second board lets you get the most out of it.
vcfvca

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Postby bburtin » 03 Jul 2021, 09:00

How about fitting the entire sample library and piano library in local storage? Surely in 2021 storage is cheap enough that we can finally stop manually copying sounds back and forth.

Another dream feature of mine: all settings on an SD card. Then show up at the gig, pop your SD card into the house Electro, and all your settings are the same as at home. I've played gigs where 3 keyboard players in a row load their Electro 73 onto the stage. :P
bburtin

PreviousNext

Return to Nord Electro Forum