Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

New Nord Grand Doesn’t Always Boot Up

Postby Musomox » 29 Apr 2021, 03:51

Hi

New to the forum.

I have a Nord Grand I had delivered about 6 weeks ago. I love it. One problem. It only starts about 1 out of 3 times that I push the on button. The other 2 times the screen remains black. I don’t suppose this is a known issue?

I am disabled. I dread taking it off the stand to send for repair. I don’t even know where it would have to go. If it is back to the factory that is weeks without it. Eek!

I can feel a support call coming on. :(

Cheers

John
Musomox

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Grand

New Nord Grand Doesn’t Always Boot Up

Sponsor

Re: New Nord Grand Doesn’t Always Boot Up

Postby pterm » 29 Apr 2021, 05:44

I had something like this happen with my NE3 - for about two days it would not start reliably. Then the problem went away and never returned. The only thing I did was re-seating the mains power cable in both the wall outlet and the rear of the Nord. Try this first. If possible (and if necessary), try a different wall outlet.

I don't recall seeing this reported on the forum before (with the NG). If the above does not remedy, I think it needs replacing.
In this case, I hope you dealt with a reputable retailer who can provide a replacement from their stock. I recommend contacting them first. If they cannot or refuse to help, the UK distributor needs to deal with this as a warranty repair or replacement.
You can find the UK distributor at:
https://www.nordkeyboards.com/distributors

Best of luck for a quick solution and welcome to the Forum!
Last edited by pterm on 29 Apr 2021, 05:46, edited 1 time in total.

The author pterm was thanked by:
Musomox
pterm
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum