Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Re: Nord Electro 6 OS update

Postby JohnT » 23 Apr 2021, 19:04

Yes Gambold, I have criticized all of the above. I just don't tell them they are "irrational", "stubborn" or that what I wish is not "insurmountably difficult".
If I was a five star chef, then maybe I could tell a restaurant how they should cook. Or if I were a Grammy awarded film producer, then I could tell other producers how they should create their films. But, since I'm not, all I can say is I don't like what you did. Not "you should do it this way".
Current rig: Nord Electro SW4, Kurzweil K2500XS, Roland XP-30, Proteus 2000, QSC K8.2, QSC K10.2, Yamaha HS80M, Auratones, Mackie 802-VLZ3, Focusrite Saphire Pro 40, MOTU MicroLite, Samsung Servo 120a, Sony MDR 7506 & MDR 7509HD, Sennheiser HD-650
JohnT

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4

Sponsor

Postby Gambold » 23 Apr 2021, 19:18

Well, that doesn't really work, JohnT. Telling someone you "don't like what they did" inevitably prompts the follow-up "why not."

Then when you give your reasons - the food was too salty, the acting was weak, the policies not fair - you are essentially telling them to do otherwise - less salt in the soup, hire better actors, craft more equitable legislation.

In short, you can't demand that only professional peers be allowed to criticize work. Everyone has a right to their opinions, and you may be surprised - people can know a lot about things even if it's not their career.
Last edited by Gambold on 23 Apr 2021, 19:19, edited 1 time in total.
Nord Electro 6D
Korg SV-2
Yamaha P22
IK Uno Synth

The author Gambold was thanked by:
StrangeAeons
Gambold

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Postby mrsugmad » 23 Apr 2021, 22:06

mrsugmad wrote:I played B3's for over 20 years, I have the Hammond SK1.
Just got the Electro 6D 73. Very impressed with the website and all the free downloads.

Percussion also too strong/loud; need more control of loudness... I can live with the 9th drawbar...

Regards,

Mike

I did change the "organ click level" from normal to low and it helped the percussion volume ' a little'.

How about just changing the percussion level to a 1 to 10 dial, with ONE completely off, and TEN at maximum?

Do the Nord developers read these forums? Or do we go to the Nord website and give suggestions? Some guidance please....

Mike
Last edited by mrsugmad on 23 Apr 2021, 22:07, edited 2 times in total.
mrsugmad

Postby afroskully » 27 Apr 2021, 04:10

Very happy owner of an E5 here and I tried and tried to get Nord's ear through many different avenues to get them to fix the obnoxious click that happens when you switch from certain programs to program, or from live slot to program (doesn't happen all the time but happens enough)... I kept getting lines that Sweden is aware of it, they're working on it, etc... should happen soon... then I kept seeing OS releases for the E6, and another one last week. and it's ok. I've finally learned to turn down the volume before I switch patches in between songs at a gig. and when I forget, and the sound guy looks perplexed when a loud pop happens at the quietest parts of the show, I've finally learned to laugh about it. and this is because of the fact the the E5 is hands down the greatest keyboard I've ever owned, warts and all.
afroskully

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Postby mrsugmad » 27 Apr 2021, 22:53

afroskully wrote:Very happy owner of an E5 here and I tried and tried to get Nord's ear through many different avenues to get them to fix the obnoxious click that happens when you switch from certain programs to program, or from live slot to program (doesn't happen all the time but happens enough)... I kept getting lines that Sweden is aware of it, they're working on it, etc... should happen soon... then I kept seeing OS releases for the E6, and another one last week. and it's ok. I've finally learned to turn down the volume before I switch patches in between songs at a gig. and when I forget, and the sound guy looks perplexed when a loud pop happens at the quietest parts of the show, I've finally learned to laugh about it. and this is because of the fact the the E5 is hands down the greatest keyboard I've ever owned, warts and all.

Does Nord have an official site that allows feature requests? Where/how did you contact them?

Mike
mrsugmad

Postby Schorsch » 27 Apr 2021, 23:35

mrsugmad wrote:Does Nord have an official site that allows feature requests? Where/how did you contact them?

Mike

The only way I am aware of is using the feedback section of their website: https://www.nordkeyboards.com/about-us/feedback
Last edited by Schorsch on 27 Apr 2021, 23:35, edited 1 time in total.
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..
Schorsch
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby DJKeys » 28 Apr 2021, 00:15

You can also submit a feature request as a support ticket-

https://www.nordkeyboards.com/support

-dj

Nord Stage 3
Nord Wave 2
Yamaha U3
iMac i7 13.5.2
Studio One 5.5.2
Nektar T4
Drawmer DL 241
Focusrite ISA Two
Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre
DJKeys
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave 2

Postby mrsugmad » 28 Apr 2021, 06:08

Great; Thanks folks...
mrsugmad

Postby vcfvca » 28 Apr 2021, 22:21

I had success when I contacted Nord about the program change bug last year. That was one of the things they fixed in 2.52. However, after 2.52 was released I found another bug. This bug was confirmed by the guys at Sound Technology in UK and they forwarded it to Nord. That has not been addressed in 2.60!

Unlike the 9th drawbar issue, which is a design choice (not a good one IMO), the problem I reported is definitely a bug.
I have posted the problem elsewhere but for those of you who use the Nord E6 with a second keyboard - Ext Keyb to Lo function here is the issue:
“when the second keyboard is connected the Nord will receive volume commands from the board even when Ext Key to Lo is off.”
NOTE this will only affect you if your 2nd keyb transmits volume messages. My Prophet 6 does!
Last edited by vcfvca on 30 Apr 2021, 10:35, edited 3 times in total.
vcfvca

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Previous

Return to Nord Electro Forum