This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

Re: Wish List for Future Nord Keyboards

Postby pips09 » 13 Apr 2021, 09:17

for me a midi channel per section of instrument ... as on the Nordstage 2 ...
I do not understand this choice for the nordstage 3 ...
pips09

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX

Sponsor

Postby FZiegler » 14 Apr 2021, 17:15

Hi MartinJ2ex,

somebody noted "Built-in speakers for Piano" in the Stage 3 wishlist. Which looks a bit absurd. Would you add a "Piano 6" wishlist and move that proposal? Even if it's a bit cheeky considering the Piano 5 is yet to come?
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
FZiegler
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby MartinJ2EX » 14 Apr 2021, 20:50

FZiegler wrote:Hi MartinJ2ex,

somebody noted "Built-in speakers for Piano" in the Stage 3 wishlist. Which looks a bit absurd. Would you add a "Piano 6" wishlist and move that proposal? Even if it's a bit cheeky considering the Piano 5 is yet to come?

I’ve added an additional column where I sort the features into
Software / Firmware Updates, because those could imho be done via updates
Possible, Plausible Feature Request, something that could theoretically actually be on their roadmap
Experimental Feature requests, something that would require a reconsideration of their basic philosophies or hardware.

I’ve assigned the experimental category to the speakers, because it is a feature that’s basically only available in a few “true” Live/Stage Keyboards - the exception being Korg SV2S or Jupiter-X eg - not considering those dedicated digital pianos of course.
Sure, I’d love to have a lightweight stage keyboard with a nice action, awesome sounds, and great-sounding speakers - but those things imho rarely work together extremely well... so not something I think Nord would consider ;)
Nord Stage 4 88 | Stage 2 EX 88
Numa Organ 2 | DX7 IIFD | JX-08
SL 61mk3 | opsix | UB-Xa

Live Musician since 2010
> My Website <

Sugar Sharks | Hertha Band

The author MartinJ2EX was thanked by:
FZiegler
MartinJ2EX
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2 EX

Re: Wish List for Nord Keyboards

Postby FZiegler » 14 Apr 2021, 22:27

Sorry, MartinJ2ex,

I didn't want to discuss that point. And I'm not the one who put it on the list. And it now looks as if I had made a mistake, as I remember that entry was in line 42 or so: Must have been in the Stage 4, not the Stage 3 list, where I saw it this morning. Nevertheless: My point was, someone wanted speakers built into the "NORD Piano". Didn't have anything to do with the piano section of a Stage (as you can't have speakers being built into the piano section...). So, as he or she obviously put that proposition into the wrong list, my question would have been: Could you create a list for the Nord Piano, too, and move that point to that list?

Btw, someone now must have changed that entry into "built-in speakers" what won't have been what that person wanted - as it was not question of having a Stage with speakers. Was it you who changed the entry?

In fact, my question would be: Do we want to maintain a wishlist for any Nord model?

Thanks!
Last edited by FZiegler on 14 Apr 2021, 22:28, edited 1 time in total.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
FZiegler
Donator

Postby MartinJ2EX » 15 Apr 2021, 06:25

My explanation is not directly aimed at you, but rather what I think of it, should the person that suggested it reads this thread ;)

Yes, it was me who changed the entry. If someone builds in speakers into a piano >> it now has builT-in speakers.
It was in the Stage list with a note “like Korg SV2S”, so it’s okay to be an experimental feature request for the Stage also.

I’m planning on expanding the list as it becomes necessary.
For now, I’d like to wait until the Piano 5 manual and reviews come out so we can create a wishlist based on that.
I guess most entries will just be copies from the Electro/Stage sheets - like multi-velocity for all engines, etc etc

Thanks for your comments!
Nord Stage 4 88 | Stage 2 EX 88
Numa Organ 2 | DX7 IIFD | JX-08
SL 61mk3 | opsix | UB-Xa

Live Musician since 2010
> My Website <

Sugar Sharks | Hertha Band

The author MartinJ2EX was thanked by:
FZiegler
MartinJ2EX
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2 EX

Postby StrangeAeons » 23 Apr 2021, 11:03

MartinJ2EX wrote:My explanation is not directly aimed at you, but rather what I think of it, should the person that suggested it reads this thread ;)

Yes, it was me who changed the entry. If someone builds in speakers into a piano >> it now has builT-in speakers.
It was in the Stage list with a note “like Korg SV2S”, so it’s okay to be an experimental feature request for the Stage also.

I’m planning on expanding the list as it becomes necessary.
For now, I’d like to wait until the Piano 5 manual and reviews come out so we can create a wishlist based on that.
I guess most entries will just be copies from the Electro/Stage sheets - like multi-velocity for all engines, etc etc

Thanks for your comments!

Sorry if it has been asked before, but have you already emailed Clavia with the list (I'm not sure they regularly check the forums) or you'd rather wait to get more suggestions/requests? Oh, by the way, since there's now an OS update entry for the Stage 3, I believe some of the features we'd like to see on the Electro 7 could be moved to an Electro 6 OS update tab (especially the Hammond settings and 9th drawbar cancel thing).
StrangeAeons
Patch Creator

Postby bartley99 » 30 Apr 2021, 06:20

Wireless. If we can fly helicopters on Mars, we should have fully wireless and batter powered keyboards too. Audio, modulation, power...the whole shabang. no more cables.
And make Lucite an option...a joined a disco band and a see-through keyboard would really complete the package. Thank you for reading.
bartley99

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Grand

Postby Fedex » 06 May 2021, 14:56

My request to Nord is to release new samples for Rhodes, with way more details than the actual ones.

I've recently played the main Rhodes sounds of Kawai MP11SE and the difference in layers/details with Nord Rhodes is big! Not to name Yamaha Rhodes emulation...

Nord used to be in the past near the best for Rhodes emulation, there should be no problems to upgrade it.
Fedex

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Postby cookie » 19 May 2021, 10:37

Hello,

I've added few lines in the NSE and NSM.
Still to be familiar to the NS3, coming from the NS2; but will read the NS4 wishlist with interest !

Fred
cookie
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby Fedex » 19 May 2021, 12:41

Nord Grand 2 with RM3 Grand II action (the one found in Kawai VPC1).
Fedex

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

PreviousNext

Return to General Nord Forum