Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Best 6D Libraries To Purchase

Postby rmerritt » 13 Apr 2021, 21:39

I have a new 6D 61. Getting back into Nord family after I sold my Stage 2 over 10 years ago. I am looking for suggestions of decent sound libraries to purchase as I do not have time to program what I want. My interests are any combinations of lush piano/organ/electro mechanical/pad combos, iconic sounds from 70’s and 80’s, and some good brass and strings. I looked at the Keyscape packages, but just got more and more confused. Thanks for any suggestions.

Nord Electro 6D
Yamaha MOXF 88
Hammond SK 1
rmerritt

Best 6D Libraries To Purchase

Sponsor

Re: Best 6D Libraries To Purchase

Postby Normski » 14 Apr 2021, 13:41

I thought Keyscape was a VST?
Normski

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Postby CountFosco » 14 Apr 2021, 13:57

rmerritt wrote:I have a new 6D 61. Getting back into Nord family after I sold my Stage 2 over 10 years ago. I am looking for suggestions of decent sound libraries to purchase as I do not have time to program what I want. My interests are any combinations of lush piano/organ/electro mechanical/pad combos, iconic sounds from 70’s and 80’s, and some good brass and strings. I looked at the Keyscape packages, but just got more and more confused. Thanks for any suggestions.

The Electro doesn't really offer any programming capability, apart from creating samples, and creating programs which could layer combinations of samples, organs and pianos. It's basically just a sound module itself. So it shouldn't cost you too much time to explore its capabilities. And also explore the many user created programs and samples available on this forum. If you purchase synthesizer type VSTs, you'll be quite limited in using them anyway without mod and pitch wheels.
CountFosco

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Postby maxpiano » 14 Apr 2021, 13:59

Normski wrote:I thought Keyscape was a VST?

Indeed it is, maybe the OP is looking for something like this https://www.synthonia.com/marketplace/n ... o-6-detail ?
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby MartinJ2EX » 15 Apr 2021, 06:39

I know this sample pack is not very expensive - although, I’d always recommend to first try out everything that is free with Nord.
Search the official samples library 3.0 + also the Sample Library archive!
https://www.nordkeyboards.com/sound-lib ... -dx7-mk-ii
This page has been hidden on the rest of the page, but is still accessible via the link and everything can still be downloaded. There is a LOT of stuff there ;)

Also, if you’re familiar with VSTs, you can download a lot of free Synthesizer plug-ins, browse their presets, and sample your own sounds ;)
Logic Pro for example has an auto-mapping feature for its sampler, you can sample 1 velocity only and drag those wav samples to the Nord Sample Editor 3 then :)

If you still can’t find what you’re looking for / don’t want to take the time you can still buy the Sample Packs ;)
Last edited by MartinJ2EX on 15 Apr 2021, 17:43, edited 3 times in total.
Nord Stage 4 88 | Stage 2 EX 88
Numa Organ 2 | DX7 IIFD | JX-08
SL 61mk3 | opsix | UB-Xa

Live Musician since 2010
> My Website <

Sugar Sharks | Hertha Band
MartinJ2EX
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2 EX

Postby rmerritt » 16 Apr 2021, 14:31

Normski wrote:I thought Keyscape was a VST?

Yes, you are right. My mistake.
rmerritt

Postby rmerritt » 16 Apr 2021, 14:44

CountFosco wrote:
rmerritt wrote:I have a new 6D 61. Getting back into Nord family after I sold my Stage 2 over 10 years ago. I am looking for suggestions of decent sound libraries to purchase as I do not have time to program what I want. My interests are any combinations of lush piano/organ/electro mechanical/pad combos, iconic sounds from 70’s and 80’s, and some good brass and strings. I looked at the Keyscape packages, but just got more and more confused. Thanks for any suggestions.

The Electro doesn't really offer any programming capability, apart from creating samples, and creating programs which could layer combinations of samples, organs and pianos. It's basically just a sound module itself. So it shouldn't cost you too much time to explore its capabilities. And also explore the many user created programs and samples available on this forum. If you purchase synthesizer type VSTs, you'll be quite limited in using them anyway without mod and pitch wheels.

Thank you for the thoughtful reply. I'm sure if I give it a bit more time, I can create the sounds that I want. I have 2 NI controllers and have spent more money for their VST libraries than I should have.
I want to record, so I think I'm just going to fire up my Scarlett and get back into Logic Pro using my Nord and Yamaha.
Thanks again for your suggestions.
rmerritt

Return to Nord Electro Forum