Present yourself, your keyboard rig and your music, including links to your myspace, band websites, competitions etc.

Ivy Flindt - Indie Pop from Hamburg

Postby analogika » 10 Apr 2021, 02:01

I got a call from these guys last year and have been playing with them since last summer (which means something like — four streaming gigs and one live show for an outdoor audience. Crazy times.).

Tonight we were invited to play the hallowed grounds of the Hamburg Elbphilharmonie — no audience, but live-streamed and archived here for your perusal:

Watch on youtube.com

I'm particularly fond of the sound design on "I Wish I Had a Girl" (21:55) and "In Every Move" (29:10). :angel:

My setup is a Stage 3 compact for most of the stuff including left-hand bass on a couple of songs, plus a Wurlitzer 200A and a Mellotron Mini.
On full sets, I also have a Roland FR-5 V-Accordion along for one song (not this time, though).

Stool is an Ikea Nilserik.
Last edited by analogika on 10 Apr 2021, 02:02, edited 1 time in total.
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio

The author analogika was thanked by 7 members, including:
CountFoscoTasten-BertajstanSchorschMr_-G-FZieglerbaekgaard
analogika

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Ivy Flindt - Indie Pop from Hamburg

Sponsor

Re: Ivy Flindt - Indie Pop from Hamburg

Postby FZiegler » 10 Apr 2021, 10:50

Wow. I dare not to call that minimalistic, as it's well woven sound in a sophisticated way. Better call it tidy. Is this the sound of these times?

analogika wrote:Stool is an Ikea Nilserik.

There's more than one detail I'd be interested in. The singer has two monitors plus IEs? And you even don't have a sub mixer for your instruments? All delivered to the engineers.

The only bombastic thing seems to be the pedal park of the guitarist.

And you all are filling this empty house just with that intimate sound?

Great! And thank you for sharing!
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars

The author FZiegler was thanked by:
analogika
FZiegler
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby Afghanza » 10 Apr 2021, 12:27

Wow, really loved it! Great music while installing my Big Green Egg bbq :-) Good to see people are finding ways to bring music in to the world.

May I ask why did you bring the real Wurlitzer and a separate Mellotron? Do they sound much better than the samples from Nord? The Mellotron is basically the same thing right? It's also sample based instead of the real tapes. Off course the Wurlitzer is the real deal :-)

Special thumbs up for all the German equipment (mics, monitors and probably stands too) :-)

Thanx for sharing!!
Some music I play keys on Apple and Spotify
Afghanza
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Postby analogika » 10 Apr 2021, 22:47

Thanks for the kind words!

The singer only recently switched to in-ears. I think she feels safer knowing the monitors are there.

The Mellotron is the band‘s, so i took it over as given. It’s a „Mellotron“, which counts as a genuine Instrument. The patches they’d set up are mostly layered, so they‘d take up two synth slots, which means I wouldn’t have any left over for the bass. Plus, I like the ergonomics of the setup, and the mello looks nice on the setup. :-)

The band grudgingly accepts the Nord as more than just a „Substitute“ despite being a fake organ and fake piano.

I mean, they cart around a freaking vibraphone.

Yeah, the keys are five channels of DI (Nord is stereo out plus mono on Channel 3 for the bass). Plus one for accordion when we have it along. The FOH guy is their own.

As for mics: yeah. Love the 421s, as well.

And that Wurli is special.
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)

The author analogika was thanked by 2 members, including:
FZieglerAfghanza
analogika

Postby Schorsch » 10 Apr 2021, 23:02

Thanks for sharing, Chris - I like the music and especially your sound a lot :clap: :thumbup:
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..

The author Schorsch was thanked by:
analogika
Schorsch
Donator

Postby ajstan » 11 Apr 2021, 00:03

Wow, nice job! Really appreciated the sounds and the playing. Very well orchestrated. Congratulations!
NS3-88, NS3C, Casio CT-S1, Radial Key Largo, Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs, Rolls PM55P Headphone Mixer, K&M 18880 Keyboard Stand with 18881 Second Tier, Bose S1 Pro, JBL 305p MKII Monitors, Zoom Q2n-4K, Behringer XR18 Mixer

The author ajstan was thanked by:
analogika
ajstan

Postby Tasten-Bert » 12 Apr 2021, 15:08

Hi Chris,

I like that and I do very much envy you having played in Elbphilharmonie.

The ´economical’ arrangements sometimes remind me of early Pink Floyd albums (my youth with A saucerful of secrets ...).

Btw, can you perhaps tell me what the wall behind the stage is made of? How are the acoustics?

Looking forward to seeing more from you. Cheers
| nord electro 5D 61 and korg X50 on k&m 18880 or 18950 stand | iPad mini 5 with Set List Maker | phonic AM120 submixer |

... and I loved these of my former stuff: nord electro 3, Roland VR-760, Fatar Studio 1100, korg 01/W, Roland U-20

The author Tasten-Bert was thanked by:
analogika
Tasten-Bert
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby analogika » 12 Apr 2021, 15:18

The walls are scooped and ridged wood. The room sounds amazing.

Thanks for connecting me to the Rick Wright vibe. Very much my youth, growing up, as well. “Saucerful” is an amazing album.

The author analogika was thanked by:
Tasten-Bert
analogika

Return to Your Music & Keyboard Rig