Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

Nord Piano4 Seemless transition error

Postby gerrit » 07 Apr 2021, 12:45

I have updated the OS to 2.50, and I have downloaded a few piano sounds. Otherwise just normal use. BUT recently the seemless transition function stopped working on the piano section. There's that horrible cut off awkward silence if I transition to another piano sound while playing. A little "E" symbol appears on the screen. The sample synth section is unaffected.

I did do a factory reset. It didn't work. I did reinstall the OS2.50. It didn't work. I did make a backup and restored the backup, it didn't work. How can I get my seemless transition back PLEASE.

The author gerrit was thanked by:
verbalakrobat
gerrit

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 4

Nord Piano4 Seemless transition error

Sponsor

Re: Nord Piano4 Seemless transition error

Postby FZiegler » 07 Apr 2021, 12:53

I don't have a Piano, but a Stage 3. I recently observed that I didn't have seemless transition while switching between different pianos in the piano engine; but I did have seemless transition while switching between programs. I was puzzled about it because I didn't realise before that it is like that.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
FZiegler
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby verbalakrobat » 07 Apr 2021, 13:17

Maybe the "E" gives a hint to the reason. It means that the current Program is just edited. I would assume that when you switch between (stored) Programs, seemless transition shall work.
Last edited by verbalakrobat on 07 Apr 2021, 13:18, edited 1 time in total.
verbalakrobat
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby Berretje » 07 Apr 2021, 16:06

gerrit wrote:How can I get my seamless transition back PLEASE.

So after reading the comments the solution is probably to create 2 programs with both piano's programmed. If you switch between those programs it should work!
Gr Bart

Coverband Blush
Nord User Sounds - Program/Sample Collection

>> Check this awesome website to visually view the settings of your NS2/NS3 programs!

Current gear
Nord Stage 2 HA88
Yamaha Tyros 5
Connected with a MioXM and powered by Bandhelper
Berretje

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby Nord33 » 07 Apr 2021, 17:02

gerrit wrote:I have updated the OS to 2.50, and I have downloaded a few piano sounds. Otherwise just normal use. BUT recently the seemless transition function stopped working on the piano section. There's that horrible cut off awkward silence if I transition to another piano sound while playing. A little "E" symbol appears on the screen. The sample synth section is unaffected.

I did do a factory reset. It didn't work. I did reinstall the OS2.50. It didn't work. I did make a backup and restored the backup, it didn't work. How can I get my seemless transition back PLEASE.

I must admit I do not own any Nord, yet! But I love Stage 3 so much that I've done many many research about it. I've read manual many times from top to bottom, I've watched many many videos about it (also about other Nord keyboards).

So, as I know, seamless transition works between programs, not sounds (samples). So if you're switching piano samples it's very likely that you wont have seamless transition. But if you switch between programs, you will.
That being said, if you want to use multiple piano sounds try saving them as programs (one piano per program) and then use numpad or song mode to switch between them :)

Correct me if I said something wrong :)
Last edited by Nord33 on 07 Apr 2021, 17:05, edited 2 times in total.
Nord33

Your Nord Gear #1: Other Brand

Postby greatbarrier86 » 09 Apr 2021, 02:58

I just noticed today that i dont think the seamless transitions are working right now on the Nord Grand. Turning the dial while playing immediately cut off the old sound, even with the pedal down.
Yamaha C7X SH1
Korg Grandstage
Nord Grand
Keyscape
Ivory II Grand Pianos, Studio Grands, Italian Grand, American Concert D
VSL Vienna Imperial
VI Labs Ravenscroft 275, True Keys
XLN Audio Addictive Keys
Pianoteq Studio
greatbarrier86

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Grand

Postby baekgaard » 09 Apr 2021, 07:01

greatbarrier86 wrote:I just noticed today that i dont think the seamless transitions are working right now on the Nord Grand. Turning the dial while playing immediately cut off the old sound, even with the pedal down.
Turning which dial?

First check that seamless is enabled in the settings.

Then make sure you use the program dial in the main section.

Seamless only works (as also stated above) when you change programs, not if you change the piano sample/model directly with the dial/buttons in the piano section.

Sent from my phone in brevity
baekgaard

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby greatbarrier86 » 09 Apr 2021, 14:18

baekgaard wrote:Seamless only works (as also stated above) when you change programs, not if you change the piano sample/model directly with the dial/buttons in the piano section.

That's it then. I was changing it from the sample dial. Not the program.
Yamaha C7X SH1
Korg Grandstage
Nord Grand
Keyscape
Ivory II Grand Pianos, Studio Grands, Italian Grand, American Concert D
VSL Vienna Imperial
VI Labs Ravenscroft 275, True Keys
XLN Audio Addictive Keys
Pianoteq Studio
greatbarrier86

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Grand