Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Re: Newbie questions for the Electro 6D

Postby mrsugmad » 06 Apr 2021, 20:59

Well, I ordered the Electro 6D 73. Will be here in a few days. Thanks all who you comments and suggestions.

Mike
mrsugmad

Sponsor

Postby Tasten-Bert » 06 Apr 2021, 21:09

Congratulations, great instrument. Have fun. Cheers
| nord electro 5D 61 and korg X50 on k&m 18880 or 18950 stand | iPad mini 5 with Set List Maker | phonic AM120 submixer |

... and I loved these of my former stuff: nord electro 3, Roland VR-760, Fatar Studio 1100, korg 01/W, Roland U-20
Tasten-Bert
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby mrsugmad » 07 Apr 2021, 05:47

I asked this question earlier:

"The manual states: "When shipped, the nord electro 6 is configured to output all audio through the Left & Right outputs"
And "In Stereo mode, all sounds are sent to both audio outputs."
I plan on running a guitar cord to my bass amp. Can I plug into either LEFT or RIGHT output channel and be OK? If I use a split patch such as piano/organ, will both sounds be summed MONO to both the LEFT or RIGHT?
I just want a MONO out to an amp."

I noticed reading the manual that there is a global "MONO" button in the piano section that apparently affects all patches until you either turn it off or the piano is turned off.
It this correct? If so, my concern is unwarranted. I can run a guitar plug to the bass amp and have mono....
Last edited by mrsugmad on 07 Apr 2021, 05:49, edited 1 time in total.
mrsugmad

Postby Tasten-Bert » 07 Apr 2021, 09:37

Yes, I‘d say I read it the same. Page 15 of the manual
https://www.nordkeyboards.com/sites/def ... on%20F.pdf
is it. One can argue why a global button is located in the piano section, but the wording seems clear.
Cheers
| nord electro 5D 61 and korg X50 on k&m 18880 or 18950 stand | iPad mini 5 with Set List Maker | phonic AM120 submixer |

... and I loved these of my former stuff: nord electro 3, Roland VR-760, Fatar Studio 1100, korg 01/W, Roland U-20
Tasten-Bert
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby FZiegler » 07 Apr 2021, 10:00

Even if Nord piano sounds are produced to be played in stereo, there are some that are reported to sound good in mono, too. Which is important, as a lot of stage situations will have mono amplification anyhow.

There are different ways to play in mono: The simplest way would be to choose either the left or right channel for amplification - which will result in a sort of emphasis of either lower or higher piano frequencies. Next way would be that [mono] button. Another solution is to keep the instrument in stereo and forward both channels to a single amplification. All of these are reported to be used. So you have to see what you'll prefer.

I read the manual in that way that the [mono] button reacts globally in a double sense:
a) it not only affects the piano sounds, but effects (and that way organ), too;
b) it is not a per-program feature, but will work for all programs as long as it's on.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
FZiegler
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby mrsugmad » 07 Apr 2021, 21:02

Perhaps someone who owns an Electro 6 can verify this for us. (My NE6D 73 is still 2 days away from delivery) <G>

Mike
mrsugmad

Postby baekgaard » 07 Apr 2021, 22:49

mrsugmad wrote:Perhaps someone who owns an Electro 6 can verify this for us. (My NE6D 73 is still 2 days away from delivery) <G>

Mike
The mono button impacts all engines (piano, organ and synth). It belonged to the program and was not a global setting up until release 2.50 of the firmware, but is now a global setting - so it stays in whatever state you have it across program changes, until you reboot.

Sent from my phone in brevity
baekgaard

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby mrsugmad » 08 Apr 2021, 06:57

baekgaard wrote:
mrsugmad wrote:Perhaps someone who owns an Electro 6 can verify this for us. (My NE6D 73 is still 2 days away from delivery) <G>

Mike
The mono button impacts all engines (piano, organ and synth). It belonged to the program and was not a global setting up until release 2.50 of the firmware, but is now a global setting - so it stays in whatever state you have it across program changes, until you reboot.

Sent from my phone in brevity

Great to know Thanks..!
mrsugmad

Postby vcfvca » 16 Apr 2021, 23:36

I think if you can monitor in stereo - you will get more of the Leslie vibe - that should give your playing a bit more energy and the audience might pick up on that. If you're playing through a PA I would go mono just in case the engineer pans your keys hard left and right - that would be too much! I also think mono is more focused and has more punch. Better for rock anyway. When I record my real Leslie I just put one mic on the horn and the other on the rotor. But sometimes I've got good results with one mic just about a foot away and closer to the horn.

The weird thing about simulating the Leslie is that the Nord should send the Horn and Rotor out of separate outputs. Then you could put your speakers on top of each other!
vcfvca

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Postby anotherscott » 16 Apr 2021, 23:45

vcfvca wrote:Nord should send the Horn and Rotor out of separate outputs. Then you could put your speakers on top of each other!

I'm pretty sure the old Hamichord had that option (predecessor to the Mojo, running a version of VB3). I don't know whether anything can do it today. But it's a cool idea.
Last edited by anotherscott on 16 Apr 2021, 23:46, edited 2 times in total.
anotherscott

PreviousNext

Return to Nord Electro Forum