Share your complete Nord Stage 3 programs/patches including sample sets (nsmp files) used, including mp3 previews.
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.

Re: Van Halen Jump - free to a good home

Postby WannitBBBad » 03 Apr 2021, 01:01

I revisited this program to sample it to a NSMP file for other Nord users and decided to add a little more to it. "VH Jump V3a W.ns3f" the same as my original for Panel A synth, and I added the Panel B synth to mix in just a little different attack to the beginning of the sound. "VH Jump V3b W.ns3f" is the second program for the song with the Panel A synth on the left hand shifted a couple octaves and the Panel B synth providing the strings for the song. My earlier post here works well as a third program if you want to have the high C note on strings on hold while playing the Panel A synth with both hands.

For other Nord users that use samples, I've also attached NSMP files that have the doubled-up synths for the intro and strings on the high end. Using octave shifting you can play the main part as loaded and then shift it up a couple octaves to have the strings on the right hand. To make the sample, I used my Panel A synth for Jump and added the "Final Brass Motif.nsmp3" sample from Ivan Jochner in Panel B to add a little more punch. If interested, the sample is available with his post at nord-stage-3-programs-ns3p-ns3pb-files-f32/final-countdown-patch-sample-playback-t16040.html#p106093. Ivan's sample is fairly small and can easily be added in place of what I have for Panel B in "VH Jump V3a.ns3f", but my preference above was to create a "Jump" program that didn't require loading a sample - your choice.

Two NSMP files are provided below. one covering synth and strings and a smaller without the strings so the second panel could be used to accent the primary synth. The note samples are long/looped, hence the file sizes. Take care.

VH Jump V3a W.ns3f
Stage 3 Program for intro synth in "Jump" by Van Halen
(592 Bytes) Downloaded 595 times
VH Jump V3b W.ns3f
Stage 3 Program synth and strings in "Jump" by Van Halen
(592 Bytes) Downloaded 458 times

MP3 of "VH Jump V3a W.ns3f" with Chorus added to Panel A, "VH Jump V3b W.ns3f", and then "VH Jump V3a W.ns3f" without Chorus on Panel A....and "VH Jump W S.nsmp" played on my Stage 3 with reverb/delay added
VH Jump W S.nsmp
Doubled-up synths of "VH Jump V3a W.ns3f" and the strings of "VH Jump V3b W.ns3f"
(6.06 MiB) Downloaded 631 times
VH Jump SynthA.nsmp
NSMP of doubled-up synths of "VH Jump V3a W.ns3f"
(2.98 MiB) Downloaded 564 times
Attachments
MP3 example of Van Halen Jump W Small NSMP.mp3
MP3 Example of "VH Jump W S.nsmp" with doubled-up synths and the strings of "VH Jump V3b W.ns3f".
(1.96 MiB) Downloaded 3269 times
VH Jump V3 W.mp3
MP3 Example of the Stage 3 Programs "VH Jump V3a W.ns3f" and "VH Jump V3b W.ns3f".
(3.34 MiB) Downloaded 1094 times
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 27 Sep 2023, 13:46, edited 13 times in total.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...

The author WannitBBBad was thanked by 4 members, including:
paulzarviscarlojazzmobilflorence
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Sponsor

Postby WannitBBBad » 29 Oct 2021, 15:27

A Halloween tribute to a great guitar player.
Eddie Pumpkin.jpg
Eddie Pumpkin.jpg (70.42 KiB) Viewed 4194 times
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...

The author WannitBBBad was thanked by 3 members, including:
PolishPrinceericLSchorsch
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Postby MEL868 » 14 Nov 2021, 01:52

Nice pumpkin - Hey WannitBBBad - It appears I've inadvertently deleted by 'jump' sample, I believe it was one of the samples which came with my new NS3 73. I bundled backup files and can't find my samples folder, uggh. Would it be a bother to drop it to me? Please let me know. Thanks. MEL
:keyboard: MEL868
Nord Stage 3 Compact
NS3 SW73
MEL868
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby WannitBBBad » 14 Nov 2021, 02:51

MEL868 wrote:Nice pumpkin - Hey WannitBBBad - It appears I've inadvertently deleted by 'jump' sample, I believe it was one of the samples which came with my new NS3 73. I bundled backup files and can't find my samples folder, uggh. Would it be a bother to drop it to me? Please let me know. Thanks. MEL

Hi MEL! I might be misunderstanding you, but none of my work comes with the NS3 family. My samples are posted just above my pumpkin post along with my latest Stage 3 programs that don't need a sample. A while back another Forum member renamed my first program to simply "Jump" and posted it with some other programs - its possible you had that too? Please let me know if you are looking for something different. Take care.
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 14 Nov 2021, 02:55, edited 2 times in total.
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Postby MEL868 » 14 Nov 2021, 05:24

ok - that's it -I must have downloaded so much of your stuff, that makes sense I just got confused for a minute - thank you.
:keyboard: MEL868
Nord Stage 3 Compact
NS3 SW73

The author MEL868 was thanked by:
WannitBBBad
MEL868
Patch Creator

Postby Wurliman69 » 21 Oct 2023, 14:42

Hello Wannitbaaaaad

HELP !!

I’m new to Nord and have the new stage4 88. No idea how to create sounds, so have been blending the basic sounds for most songs, or downloading Samples… but only about 10% success in doing so. But so far so good.

However, I. URGENTLY need VH “Jump” and “Sledgehammer” for a stand in gig I am doing Tuesday 22nd … in an easily usable/transferable/ new file type of .nsmp4 format - or maybe nsmp3, although sometimes it won’t auto upgrade these as it says it should! For Sledgehammer best is 88 keys in .nsmp4 format (or two of those so I can put one on a layer.)

Help please !! …. I’ve honestly tried absolutely everything I know, researched the topic, the problems, this forum and more, wasted 6 hours on it. Best I’ve done has failed. (was an able to change one sample file, for one part, but once reformatted even that sounded very wrong).

CAN ANYONE HELP ME and create the 2 files. I will be forever grateful. Wurliman 69
Wurliman69

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4

Postby analogika » 21 Oct 2023, 15:11

Wurliman69 wrote:CAN ANYONE HELP ME and create the 2 files. I will be forever grateful. Wurliman 69

You can use the "NSMP" files above and import them onto the Stage 4 and use those as a basis for a new synth sound, no?
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio
analogika

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby hanlalo » 31 Jan 2024, 04:53

Thanks! these samples are not working on NS4, nord sound manager says its not a correct format, not sure why. I guess theres something different from other .nsmp samples inside the files uploaded here...
hanlalo

Postby WannitBBBad » 31 Jan 2024, 13:35

hanlalo wrote:Thanks! these samples are not working on NS4, nord sound manager says its not a correct format, not sure why. I guess theres something different from other .nsmp samples inside the files uploaded here...

I would suggest downloading Nord Sound Manager v7.84 (latest version) that is capable of converting user-created NSMP files to NSMP4 format for the Stage 4. Good luck!
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Postby hanlalo » 31 Jan 2024, 17:36

Yeah, already tried that, but sadly its not working :(
thanks anyway :)

WannitBBBad wrote:
hanlalo wrote:Thanks! these samples are not working on NS4, nord sound manager says its not a correct format, not sure why. I guess theres something different from other .nsmp samples inside the files uploaded here...

I would suggest downloading Nord Sound Manager v7.84 (latest version) that is capable of converting user-created NSMP files to NSMP4 format for the Stage 4. Good luck!
hanlalo

PreviousNext

Return to Nord Stage 3 Programs (*.ns3p files)