Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Organ Section Quiet

Postby Beckett » 21 Mar 2021, 18:28

Hey guys, just played a gig with a full band. My electro 6D was plugged right into mixer and then out to speakers. The piano section was loud and clear, but when switching to organ section, it was very quiet. I turned up the volume all the way and tried adjusting the gain knob, but with no luck. I also use a control pedal (don’t know if that has to do with anything). Any ideas why the organ section is quiet and how to fix?
Beckett

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Organ Section Quiet

Sponsor

Re: Organ Section Quiet

Postby Klondyke77 » 21 Mar 2021, 19:05

Check if CTRLPED LED is lit. Then control pedal acts as Organ Swell pedal. That's (maybe) why organ volume is low even if Organ Level is turned all the way up.
(I don't have a Electro but a S3 and had the same issue... so I looked in the manual... ). To deactivate CTRLPED press Shift + Octave up.
Found in https://www.nordkeyboards.com/sites/def ... on%20F.pdf - Page 10

The author Klondyke77 was thanked by:
Beckett
Klondyke77

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby baekgaard » 21 Mar 2021, 23:29

This can also happen if you accidentally connect eg a sustain pedal to the control input ... which is obviously not something you do on purpose, but it has happened too someone I know very well :-)

Do you still have the problem now?

Sent from my phone in brevity
baekgaard

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby Beckett » 22 Mar 2021, 03:55

baekgaard wrote:This can also happen if you accidentally connect eg a sustain pedal to the control input ... which is obviously not something you do on purpose, but it has happened too someone I know very well :-)

Do you still have the problem now?

Sent from my phone in brevity

Through my personal amp, everything is great and I haven’t been having the trouble I was at the gig. I’m thinking maybe it had something to do with the settings on the PA monitors and speakers. Thanks for the tip though
Beckett

Postby SaleCar » 01 Apr 2021, 21:51

I had the same problem and in my case the problem was in the headphone output connection. I use a 3.5mm to 6.3mm adapter which loses contact somewhere and then the organ is barely audible while the piano sounds normal. That anomaly fascinates me, because I always thought that bad contact competently stops the signal, but in the case of Nord, the piano works normally and the organ sounds significantly quieter. So, just check connection (cables, jack...).
SaleCar

Return to Nord Electro Forum