General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

startup section/program

Postby gernot » 23 Mar 2021, 22:39

I hope that's an easy question but I could not find the answer by myself:
How can I define the section/program that is active when I turn on the keyboard?

I sometime toyed around with the synth section, and then the keyboard remembered something, and now everytime when I turn on the keyboard, the active section is the synth with some patch.
I want it to be the piano section, preferably with a rhodes sound (which is the reason why I purchased this fine piece!)
I have a Stage 2 HA88 with latest OS, in case it matters.

Thanks in advance for advice!
gernot

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

startup section/program

Sponsor

Re: startup section/program

Postby maxpiano » 23 Mar 2021, 23:41

The keyboard starts with the last Program or Live buffer that was in use when switched off; I am afraid you don't have yet clear the way your NS2 works and the difference between Sections and Programs and between Programs and Live buffers, so I'd recommend reading carefully the users manual and understanding (then experiment how to use) all concepts explained in it, last not least the part about Sections vs Programs
Last edited by maxpiano on 25 Mar 2021, 23:59, edited 2 times in total.

The author maxpiano was thanked by 2 members, including:
gernotDJKeys
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby gernot » 25 Mar 2021, 21:05

Yes you're right. I wasn't using programs memory and was not aware I chose some program (which was restored on startup).
How I made a few favourite sounds into programs (although I edit the name only on the pc) and resort to using Live mode for now, it is really great while I explore the nuances of settings
gernot

Postby ericL » 25 Mar 2021, 22:37

One thing to consider is to put your favorite "default" Program as the very first Program and spin the dial all the way to the left before you shut off the instrument or when you restart it. I don't care too much about having a specific Program sitting there ready right when I turn on my NS2 or NS3, though what I've done for a long while is making the very first Program in the instrument a nice combo of my favorite Piano on one panel, favorite Organ on the other panel, then store some "hidden" synth sounds on each panel that can be toggled on...then if I ever want to quickly find those sounds, I simply spin the selector knob and boom, there it is.
Nords: NE2, NS2 88, NS3 Compact x 2
Live rig: NS3, Vent, Radial KL-8, Shure PSM-900 IEM Rig, UE18 & UE7 IEMs.
Studio: Hammond A-101 & Leslie 122, Yamaha CP-80, Yamaha S90, NS2, DSI Prophet-6, Vent II, Roland JX-8P.
ericL
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord Stage Forum