Everything about the Nord Wave Synthesizer

. nsmp vs nsmp3 question

Postby nwave2user » 25 Mar 2021, 11:27

Hi, I don't have much experience with Nord Wave2 , and I need help.
These days I bought a package of programs for NW2 in which there was a bonus of samples. These samples are in .nsmp format
As far as I know, (I read in the forum) the current format that reads (loads) NW2 is .nsmp3
Can I load .nsmp in NW2, or if I can't, is there any software available, convert them. While browsing the forum, I came across an article about .nsmp3 converter, but the link to it leads nowhere, there is no information on Nord's official website.
I also have an additional question - can sounds be converted from A1, I'm not good at programming, and I really like some of them. Can they be found somewhere. I will also be happy to recommend (if any) 80s / 90s synth programs.

:thanks:
nwave2user

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Wave 2

. nsmp vs nsmp3 question

Sponsor

Re: . nsmp vs nsmp3 question

Postby Schorsch » 25 Mar 2021, 11:32

Hi and welcome to the forum!

You can use both sample formats for your NW2, the Nord Sound Manager software converts the old .nsmp format into the current .nsmp3 format when you load the sample to the NW2.

Can't really answer your question about converting A1 sounds to NW2 since I don't own any of them, but I doubt it's possible to convert them automatically since these are different products. The only way might be to manually try to rebuild the A1 sounds on the NW2 as much as possible (if at all)
Last edited by Schorsch on 25 Mar 2021, 11:32, edited 1 time in total.
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..
Schorsch
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby alex78 » 25 Mar 2021, 12:44

While browsing the forum, I came across an article about .nsmp3 converter, but the link to it leads nowhere, there is no information on Nord's official website.

This converter was released by clavia during the transition from old sample format to the new one as the new sample editor was not available yet and the old one could not do the convertion. That was just temporary for that sort period and there is no use for it any more. What I really wish for is a converter that does the opposite, as there are lots of great nsmp3 samples that I would like to be able to use with my older gear. I don't believe that clavia will ever make one though, as it would prevent people from buying newer instruments in some degree.
Regarding your other question about A1 to NW I'm pretty sure there is no way to do it as they are two completely different instruments with different structure. Sampling the sound of A1 and loading on the wave is a workaround but It won't be eexactly the same. If the original sound involves movement and other articulations you will have a hard time adjusting the loops properly.
alex78
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby nwave2user » 25 Mar 2021, 15:30

Thanks for responding.
Really very useful information for me, because I have not yet installed any of the available software, there was no way to know.
nwave2user

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Wave 2

Postby alex78 » 25 Mar 2021, 18:24

All you really need is sound manager. It wil help you organize the sounds of your instrument, rearrange them, delete samples and programs you don't need and load new ones of your taste. It gives you a clear image of what is inside your keyboard and you can always create a back-up or load a previous one. The sample editor is designed for creating your own samples, so it's not essential if this is not your intention, it's fun and intriguing to try it though.
alex78
Patch Creator

Postby alex78 » 25 Mar 2021, 18:31

I will also have to correct my self regarding the sample converter. It was not the old sample editor that could not do the conversion, but the sound manager. They later upgrated sound manager inorder to do automaticlly the conversion if a newer nord model was connected. Later on they released the new version of sample editor so that custom made samples could be saved in nsmp3 format, as well as some new features that make the procedure easier and faster.
alex78
Patch Creator

Return to Nord Wave Forum