Electro 6 sustain pedal

Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.
GLCbyrd
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Re: Electro 6 sustain pedal

Post by GLCbyrd »

Does anyone know why the sustain will only work in some settings? I am new to this and have been trying to figure out if it is a sound or preset. I notice the sustain pedal light on the synth area is on for some setting but off for others even though I am trying to use the same sound. Is there something I am missing? Thanks in advance.
FZiegler
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Post by FZiegler »

(Shift + Octave Shift Up) activates sustain for any of the three sound engines. Of course, this is already set for every program, but can be changed. Cf. the manual (p. 10.14.20).

It's worth reading the manual - you have a mighty device.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
PauloF
Your Nord Gear #1: Other Brand
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Post by PauloF »

All my sustain pedals are Roland DP-10's and they work perfectly, provided (like PScooter63 already mentioned) the switch on the left side is set to "Switch" position.
Make Music and be Happy!!
Cheers,
PauloF

Numa compact2 stage piano, Korg iM1, iWavestation, iElectribe, ARP Odyssei, Moog Animoog, Sunrizer
yurabirukov
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Post by yurabirukov »

CountFosco wrote:What was the thinking behind needing two pedals for sustain and rotary?
When you play both organ and piano section in the same time (layered or splitted) you need different controls for rotary and sustain.
jbreiner

Post by jbreiner »

I am having a hell of a time getting ANY sustain pedal to sustain organ sounds on my D61. I have both the Roland pedal and a Chinese pedal by Useasyer (dont ask). BOTH work PERFECTLY as sustain pedals for piano and synth banks but do absolutely nothing as organ sustain pedals. They also both work flawlessly as organ rotary pedals - just cant get any satisfaction with their ability to sustain organ (yes, I actually have a need to do that for some pedaltones)
CountFosco
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Post by CountFosco »

jbreiner wrote:I am having a hell of a time getting ANY sustain pedal to sustain organ sounds on my D61. I have both the Roland pedal and a Chinese pedal by Useasyer (dont ask). BOTH work PERFECTLY as sustain pedals for piano and synth banks but do absolutely nothing as organ sustain pedals. They also both work flawlessly as organ rotary pedals - just cant get any satisfaction with their ability to sustain organ (yes, I actually have a need to do that for some pedaltones)
To use the sustain pedal in the organ section, turn on the sustain pedal in the organ section.