Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Mi first Nord: an Electro 6D. Best sounds???

Postby rodrigofsoler » 18 Mar 2021, 16:23

Hi! I just got an Electro 6D and it's my first Nord. I want to ask to your favourites sounds of piano, electro piano, organ, strings... I want to try differents each, but I'm not familiarized with the menu yet, with the numbers and letters system, and it's been difficult for see all the sounds and choose.
Sorry about my english, I'm from Argentina.
Regards and thanks!
R.-
rodrigofsoler
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 18 Mar 2021, 15:49
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 0 time
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Mi first Nord: an Electro 6D. Best sounds???


Sponsor
 

Re: Mi first Nord: an Electro 6D. Best sounds???

Postby FZiegler » 18 Mar 2021, 16:44

Hi Rodrigo (?),

congrats to your new instrument! And welcome to the forum!

There are programs preinstalled on your instrument that help you get a little bit into the Nord sound world. But it will take you some time to try them.

First of all, you should be clear about the way you want your Electro to sound - what amplification or monitors do you want to use. Then you will have to take your time to get familiar with the sounds.

It's not a bad idea to read the manual to get familiar with the use of your Electro. There is one in Spanish: https://www.nordkeyboards.com/sites/def ... on%20C.pdf

If you search the forum, you will find some pages with discussions about best pianos, best EPs or best strings. Elsewhere, you might find info about setting up the organ engine - it's like a Hammond B3 or other classical instruments. Concerning strings, you might want to have a look into Symphonic Strings from Project SAM or the Swing Strings from the same manufacturer: https://www.nordkeyboards.com/sound-lib ... 30/strings.

Concerning pianos, we first of all would have to know what you need them for - music style and type of band! There are a lot of great sounds, easily tweakable, for almost any situation. And don't miss out the Uprights!

BTW, there is no problem with your English. A pretty bunch of us is not a native speaker.
Last edited by FZiegler on 18 Mar 2021, 18:27, edited 1 time in total.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.54) - Yamaha CP33 - MIDIsolutions Velocity Converter - K&M stands 18810+18811 & 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2

The author FZiegler was thanked by:
rodrigofsoler
User avatar
FZiegler
Donator
 
Posts: 765
Joined: 15 Dec 2019, 02:41
Country: Germany
Has thanked: 172 times
Been thanked: 227 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: Mi first Nord: an Electro 6D. Best sounds???

Postby cphollis » 18 Mar 2021, 23:43

the best sounds are the ones you program yourself.
User avatar
cphollis
 
Posts: 1111
Joined: 01 Mar 2013, 20:56
Location: Vero Beach, Fl
Country: United States of America
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 443 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 4

Re: Mi first Nord: an Electro 6D. Best sounds???

Postby Afghanza » 19 Mar 2021, 05:30

Hi Rodrigo,
Congrats on the new Nord!
I hate to say it, but there are no ‘best’ sounds. What sounds good and useful for me might sound awful too you. And the one sound might be perfect for a certain song or setting but it will be useless in another. I think one of the great advantages of these Nords is the fact they have this huge library of sounds to discover. And I suggest and hope that’s what you will do :-)
On the website you can listen to all the different samples. This way you have a clean example of the sample itself.

Like FZiegler said, if you could tell the forum what kind of music you play it might narrow things down a bit more.

The sounds and samples in my Electro 5D keep changing. That’s the beauty of this system. There are so many sounds. You should grant yourself the time to explore them all. Lock yourself up in your room with some food & beverages and start with the first sound. Don’t leave the room until you explored them all :-)
Some music I play keys on Apple and Spotify

The author Afghanza was thanked by:
rodrigofsoler
User avatar
Afghanza
Donator
 
Posts: 64
Joined: 08 Jun 2016, 19:09
Country: Netherlands
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 20 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Re: Mi first Nord: an Electro 6D. Best sounds???

Postby rodrigofsoler » 19 Mar 2021, 15:55

FZiegler wrote:Hi Rodrigo (?),

congrats to your new instrument! And welcome to the forum!

There are programs preinstalled on your instrument that help you get a little bit into the Nord sound world. But it will take you some time to try them.

First of all, you should be clear about the way you want your Electro to sound - what amplification or monitors do you want to use. Then you will have to take your time to get familiar with the sounds.

It's not a bad idea to read the manual to get familiar with the use of your Electro. There is one in Spanish: https://www.nordkeyboards.com/sites/def ... on%20C.pdf

If you search the forum, you will find some pages with discussions about best pianos, best EPs or best strings. Elsewhere, you might find info about setting up the organ engine - it's like a Hammond B3 or other classical instruments. Concerning strings, you might want to have a look into Symphonic Strings from Project SAM or the Swing Strings from the same manufacturer: https://www.nordkeyboards.com/sound-lib ... 30/strings.

Concerning pianos, we first of all would have to know what you need them for - music style and type of band! There are a lot of great sounds, easily tweakable, for almost any situation. And don't miss out the Uprights!

BTW, there is no problem with your English. A pretty bunch of us is not a native speaker.


Ohhh thank you for your message and the welcome!! And for the manual too, I only had it in english.
I will reach out all the info that you gave and look the older posts here to find sounds. Also I don't know how to download sounds into the keyboard, but surely there is one post o tutorial that explain that.
I want piano sounds to play blues and rock, but I also play in a reggae band (for this I were looking for pianos but organs too)
Thanks a lot again for all the info, will be a pleasure be part of the forum.

PD: Today mi reggae/latin band released our new album, I put the link here in case that someone want to listen: https://open.spotify.com/album/0ydGWfDr ... cqVk1lipcQ

Regards from Buenos Aires!
rodrigofsoler
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 18 Mar 2021, 15:49
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 0 time
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Re: Mi first Nord: an Electro 6D. Best sounds???

Postby rodrigofsoler » 19 Mar 2021, 16:02

Afghanza wrote:Hi Rodrigo,
Congrats on the new Nord!
I hate to say it, but there are no ‘best’ sounds. What sounds good and useful for me might sound awful too you. And the one sound might be perfect for a certain song or setting but it will be useless in another. I think one of the great advantages of these Nords is the fact they have this huge library of sounds to discover. And I suggest and hope that’s what you will do :-)
On the website you can listen to all the different samples. This way you have a clean example of the sample itself.

Like FZiegler said, if you could tell the forum what kind of music you play it might narrow things down a bit more.

The sounds and samples in my Electro 5D keep changing. That’s the beauty of this system. There are so many sounds. You should grant yourself the time to explore them all. Lock yourself up in your room with some food & beverages and start with the first sound. Don’t leave the room until you explored them all :-)



Yeah! I definetely will do that. :D
Thanks for the website tip, it's cool to listen and discover, but also to check if my monitor it's doing fine o I have to adjust that for the best sound.
rodrigofsoler
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 18 Mar 2021, 15:49
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 0 time
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Re: Mi first Nord: an Electro 6D. Best sounds???

Postby FZiegler » 19 Mar 2021, 16:38

There is only one source for piano engine sounds (Nord website) and about four sound sources for samples synth sounds (Nord Sample Library 3, Nord User Sounds website, commercial offers, own work with Nord Sample Editor).

You'd first have to get the sounds downloaded onto your computer and then upload (or download - don't remember the right wording) either pianos, samples or complete programs via the Nord Sound Manager from the Nord website to your Electro.

You'll find some pianos sound brighter or more mellow, cleaner or with more character. But it's not that easy: Maybe you like the bass of one sound more and the heights of another. So you will have to test yourself (first for yourself and then in the band environment) and tweak the sound a bit. For band use, it will probably not be important to only use XL piano samples.

I'm still searching for my "best" latin piano. In my bigband context, I often use the Bright Grand to cut through. You might try the White Grand or the Silver Grand, too. In electric pianos, I like EP 5 and 8 most for band use.
Last edited by FZiegler on 19 Mar 2021, 16:43, edited 1 time in total.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.54) - Yamaha CP33 - MIDIsolutions Velocity Converter - K&M stands 18810+18811 & 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2

The author FZiegler was thanked by:
rodrigofsoler
User avatar
FZiegler
Donator
 
Posts: 765
Joined: 15 Dec 2019, 02:41
Country: Germany
Has thanked: 172 times
Been thanked: 227 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: Mi first Nord: an Electro 6D. Best sounds???

Postby NoDirection » 19 Mar 2021, 16:58

Hi and welcome to the forum!

I will say that what sounds are good also depends on the situation, and what PA you have.

My preferred sounds at home, with good headphones are very different from the sounds I use when I play with the band - and try to blend in.
So the only way is to try out the different sounds. But for Piano at home my favorite has always been the Imperial Grand - Remember to use the effects buttons to adjust the sound for your liking !

The author NoDirection was thanked by:
rodrigofsoler
User avatar
NoDirection
Donator
 
Posts: 235
Joined: 04 Sep 2012, 10:55
Location: Oslo
Country: Norway
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 70 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Re: Mi first Nord: an Electro 6D. Best sounds???

Postby rodrigofsoler » 21 Mar 2021, 14:10

FZiegler wrote:There is only one source for piano engine sounds (Nord website) and about four sound sources for samples synth sounds (Nord Sample Library 3, Nord User Sounds website, commercial offers, own work with Nord Sample Editor).

You'd first have to get the sounds downloaded onto your computer and then upload (or download - don't remember the right wording) either pianos, samples or complete programs via the Nord Sound Manager from the Nord website to your Electro.

You'll find some pianos sound brighter or more mellow, cleaner or with more character. But it's not that easy: Maybe you like the bass of one sound more and the heights of another. So you will have to test yourself (first for yourself and then in the band environment) and tweak the sound a bit. For band use, it will probably not be important to only use XL piano samples.

I'm still searching for my "best" latin piano. In my bigband context, I often use the Bright Grand to cut through. You might try the White Grand or the Silver Grand, too. In electric pianos, I like EP 5 and 8 most for band use.



Ok! Great, thanks for the explanaition to download, I will try it. I had been in the nord website yesterday listening some good pianos so I will download it.
Thanks for the support and for the sounds that you told me, I'm definitely check that.
Last edited by rodrigofsoler on 21 Mar 2021, 14:11, edited 1 time in total.
rodrigofsoler
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 18 Mar 2021, 15:49
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 0 time
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Re: Mi first Nord: an Electro 6D. Best sounds???

Postby rodrigofsoler » 21 Mar 2021, 14:12

NoDirection wrote:Hi and welcome to the forum!

I will say that what sounds are good also depends on the situation, and what PA you have.

My preferred sounds at home, with good headphones are very different from the sounds I use when I play with the band - and try to blend in.
So the only way is to try out the different sounds. But for Piano at home my favorite has always been the Imperial Grand - Remember to use the effects buttons to adjust the sound for your liking !



Yeah, I've noticed that, it's very different the sound with mi PA and mi headphones... I think that I need a better PA.
I'll check the Imperial!
Thanks :thumbup:
rodrigofsoler
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 18 Mar 2021, 15:49
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 0 time
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6


Return to Nord Electro Forum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests