Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Nord electro 6D

Postby Jlamor98 » 18 Mar 2021, 00:36

I was wondering if you could connect the Nord organ bass pedals to an electro 6D. I’ve never seen it done but I was wondering.
Jlamor98

Nord electro 6D

Sponsor

Re: Nord electro 6D

Postby Nord33 » 06 Apr 2021, 12:01

Jlamor98 wrote:I was wondering if you could connect the Nord organ bass pedals to an electro 6D. I’ve never seen it done but I was wondering.

I think that it's not possible to connect Bass pedals to any electro (for now). Even thought it uses MIDI kind of connector, Nord C2D has it's own specific input for bass pedal... so I think it's not possible...
Nord33

Your Nord Gear #1: Other Brand

Postby Tasten-Bert » 06 Apr 2021, 12:25

Jlamor98 wrote:I was wondering if you could connect the Nord organ bass pedals to an electro 6D. I’ve never seen it done but I was wondering.

Hello and welcome to this great forum of nord enthusiasts.

Covid lockdown leaves us plenty of time to think about this and that. I just happened to read your post and then had a look at the various nord manuals which you can find here:

https://www.nordkeyboards.com/downloads/organs

It’s right that the C2D has a seperate MIDI input for the pedal, but it is a normal MIDI input. Having read in the pedal‘s manual that it sends on channel 3 I wonder what’s happening if you connect it with an electro‘s MIDI input, then either set the electro to B3 Bass or to Dual Organ and see whether there‘s a setting for the lower MIDI channel to 3.

If I were you I‘d try it with an iPad app that is able to send deep MIDI notes on channel 3, maybe a Garageband Piano. I can later try it with my electro 5D. If this works, I would see no reason why it shouldn‘t work with the pedal.

Sunny regards from Germany
| nord electro 5D 61 and korg X50 on k&m 18880 or 18950 stand | iPad mini 5 with Set List Maker | phonic AM120 submixer |

... and I loved these of my former stuff: nord electro 3, Roland VR-760, Fatar Studio 1100, korg 01/W, Roland U-20
Tasten-Bert
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby maxpiano » 06 Apr 2021, 14:52

It will work if you set the NE MIDI Lower Receive channel to 3, but of course this means that the whole lower part will be driven by the pedals i.e. you cannot have at the same time B3/Organ Upper+Lower+Pedals on a Nord Electro (but you may use the Synth section for the pedals instead).
Last edited by maxpiano on 06 Apr 2021, 14:53, edited 2 times in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord Electro Forum