Discuss other brands keyboards, synthesizers, modules, software, controllers including how they compare or work with the Nords.

Behringer Deepmind (with Stage 3)

Postby Elias » 15 Feb 2021, 12:58

Hey.
I'm thinking of buying myself a polyphonic synth (module) to support the Stage 3 that I already own. A strong contender is Behringer Deepmind as it is very affordable, and the effects make it very self-contained. I've also looked at Novation Peak and the Nord Lead -series as well.

Would you recommend Deepmind or something else?
Last edited by Elias on 15 Feb 2021, 13:12, edited 1 time in total.
Elias
Elias
 
Posts: 161
Joined: 29 Sep 2019, 09:29
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 27 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Behringer Deepmind (with Stage 3)


Sponsor
 

Re: Behringer Deepmind (with Stage 3)

Postby cphollis » 15 Feb 2021, 19:26

I had a Deepmind 12 and I sold it. It was fine for what it did (great value) it just didn't add much to what I could do with the NS3C alone. I've tried a few different polysynths, and I usually come away with the same impression -- the NS3C by itself can do 95%+ of what I need, and the other 5% isn't worth the cost/effort.

Instead, I'm now well down the iPad route. It's fiddly, but you can get some amazing sounds that are hard to get with other synths. Go check out the SWAM trumpets for example. Or a vocal synth. Or maybe the Moog model D. Or perhaps the FX chain from Mars. I'm scratching my sonic itch for a lot less money that way.
User avatar
cphollis
 
Posts: 1098
Joined: 01 Mar 2013, 20:56
Location: Vero Beach, Fl
Country: United States of America
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 439 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 4

Re: Behringer Deepmind (with Stage 3)

Postby Elias » 18 Feb 2021, 08:23

cphollis wrote:I had a Deepmind 12 and I sold it. It was fine for what it did (great value) it just didn't add much to what I could do with the NS3C alone. I've tried a few different polysynths, and I usually come away with the same impression -- the NS3C by itself can do 95%+ of what I need, and the other 5% isn't worth the cost/effort.

Instead, I'm now well down the iPad route. It's fiddly, but you can get some amazing sounds that are hard to get with other synths. Go check out the SWAM trumpets for example. Or a vocal synth. Or maybe the Moog model D. Or perhaps the FX chain from Mars. I'm scratching my sonic itch for a lot less money that way.


I see. Well that's what I've kind of had in mind. I'm actually getting myself a talk box to get those funky leads (Let me know if you have a favorite ;) ).

Maybe I'll get a myself Nord Lead or Wave some day, cause I'm in love with the Nord architecture :keyboard: .
Elias
Elias
 
Posts: 161
Joined: 29 Sep 2019, 09:29
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 27 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Re: Behringer Deepmind (with Stage 3)

Postby alex78 » 18 Feb 2021, 19:11

A serious factor in your occasion is the music you are playing.
For someone playing jazz, blues or rock a stage would be super efficient, as this kind of music involves mostly piano's and organ. But if you are more on pop or electronic music then the stage's synth might be kind of limiting so a pure synthesizer could be usefull or even necessary.
I think the deep mind is a prety good keyboard for it's money, but if the budget is not a problem for you then there are lots of synths you could also consider. The ASM Hydrasynth or the novation summit for example, are some very decent ones that could enrich a lot your sonic palette. Of course a wave or lead could also make a good pair with your stage, they are easy to learn since you are used to nord's way of working and they can give you a lot of flexibility.
But in the end everything depents on your wallet and the sounds you are after.
User avatar
alex78
 
Posts: 460
Joined: 28 Feb 2019, 01:55
Country: Greece
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 137 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Re: Behringer Deepmind (with Stage 3)

Postby Elias » 19 Feb 2021, 10:57

That is a good point. Thanks
Elias
Elias
 
Posts: 161
Joined: 29 Sep 2019, 09:29
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 27 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand


Return to General Synthesizers/Keyboards Forum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests