Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

electro 6 hd setlist

Postby cichy11 » 13 Feb 2021, 03:39

I'm sure this has been covered. Just received the E6Hd. It was an open box thing and new. A guy I play with in Dallas has the 5 and showed me the set list. Did they really do away with it for Electro 6? Is there an OS version that brings it back?

Feeling dumb. Love the keys so far, but really wanted that feature......
cichy11

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

electro 6 hd setlist

Sponsor

Re: electro 6 hd setlist

Postby cgrafx » 13 Feb 2021, 08:23

yes, they changed that functionality.

No, there isn't an OS version that brings it back.

Better option than set list function is an iPad (or equiv) with any number of set list, chord, lyric programs that can instantly change to the desired program.

Or you can use somthing like Touch OSC (the iPad mini works great for this) and have instant access to 60+ programs at the touch of a single virtual button.

This is actually what I did when I was using my NE5. Made a simple clear overlay with the button numbers on it so I could easily read it in daylight or bright lights.

I'm pretty sure I've posted about this here at some point.

Edit: here is one of the posts for reference: nord-stage-forum-f3/still-the-same-missing-functions-since-the-ns1-t13930-30.html?hilit=cgrafx%20touch%20osc#p90933
Last edited by cgrafx on 13 Feb 2021, 08:25, edited 3 times in total.
Current Gear: NS3C, Alesis QS6.1, QS7.1 & QS8.2, Hammond B3 with Leslie 122, Yamaha CP70, Yamaha C3 6' Grand, Roland D-05, Roland AX-Edge, Waldorf Blofeld Keyboard, Behringer Arp Odyssey
cgrafx

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby anotherscott » 14 Feb 2021, 15:15

cgrafx wrote:Or you can use somthing like Touch OSC (the iPad mini works great for this) and have instant access to 60+ programs at the touch of a single virtual button.

This is actually what I did when I was using my NE5. Made a simple clear overlay with the button numbers on it so I could easily read it in daylight or bright lights.

I'm pretty sure I've posted about this here at some point.

Edit: here is one of the posts for reference: nord-stage-forum-f3/still-the-same-missing-functions-since-the-ns1-t13930-30.html?hilit=cgrafx%20touch%20osc#p90933

Very nice! Any chance you can upload the OSC document/template? It could be a time-saving starting point for someone looking to do something similar. Also, can you explain what you did in terms of that clear overlay?

Also, for anyone interested, it may be worth noting that, while they removed this functionality from the Electro, you can still find it in the Stage 3.
anotherscott

Postby mmckavanagh63 » 15 Apr 2021, 23:57

Hi, I had the same question a while back and stumbled on to this video. The solution put forward is not as tidy as the setlist functionality that is on the NE5 / Stage, or the iPad solutions higher up this thread, but it does at least provide a workable alternative that can be used without an iPad (with a bit of initial effort to organise things using the Nord Sound manager). I've used this approach on my NE6 HP and it works fine, and it's easy to edit the setlist between gigs once you have it set up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZygjHhgMuE
mmckavanagh63

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Return to Nord Electro Forum