Nord's classical Virtual Analog Synth Nord LEAD 1/2/2x/3/4/A1 and Nord Rack versions

HELP! Liking and storing not working...

Postby ianpatrickroe » 12 Feb 2021, 14:13

:( I have tried about 10 occasions to do the suggested instruction in the manual...

SHIFT+STORE (or SHIFT+LIKE) and every time it doesn't respond by flashing and it's not storing things, so when I then twist the program dial, it then resets the sound and I've lost 10 minutes of crafting a beautiful sound. Any advice on how to store things on this because it's not responding properly? I have a Nord Lead A1 btw
ianpatrickroe

HELP! Liking and storing not working...

Sponsor

Re: HELP! Liking and storing not working...

Postby ianpatrickroe » 12 Feb 2021, 14:19

It's OKAY FALSE ALARM!!! I realised I have Memory protect on so it kept coming up with PRO and not saving my items to the storage system. Question though, is there no way of accessing my 'like' selection without adding another LIKE? Seems a bit annoying as I have to add a new like to get the menu up?
ianpatrickroe

Re: HELP! Liking and storing not working...

Postby 23skidoo » 12 Feb 2021, 16:21

Page 16 of the manual, which I encourage you to re-read, clarifies it for you: "The Like memory browser becomes available when a program or performance is Liked, indicated by the initial letter ā€œLā€ in the display."

The point of likes is when you're actively developing a sound. As you get done with it, you're intended to store it. Once you leave "like" mode, it's like saying "I'm done with the sound I was working on" in a sense. It's nice that you can go back to them until you power off the synth, but that's not really the point of the Like memory browser. Basically, while you're working on a sound, just don't leave the like browser. If you want to listen or audition other sounds, use another slot instead. Otherwise, yes, you have to re-like something to get back into that mode. No big deal, there's plenty of space.
23skidoo

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 3

Return to Nord Lead / Rack Forum