Nord's classical Virtual Analog Synth Nord LEAD 1/2/2x/3/4/A1 and Nord Rack versions

Re: Using original nord lead 2 keyboard as midi keyboard in

Postby 23skidoo » 26 Jan 2021, 00:54

ianpatrickroe wrote: when I add an external instrument onto a track, that means I can't put a VST on there, or any other instrument for that matter, and the whole reason I want to use this as a midi controller is so that I can not only use it as a synth (native to it's body) but also, use the keys (like I did with my Novation launchley Mini) with VST's also. Or am I totally wrong in assuming that is even possible?

External instrument is for an.. external .. instrument (you know, like playing your A1 from the DAW). A VST is not an external instrument, it's an "internal" instrument. So it's natural these cannot coexist on the same track.

You should just drop the VST on a MIDI track by itself, and route the incoming MIDI from the keyboard (if your A1 is plugged in by USB, you would use that port and the appropriate channel for the slot you've selected) to that track. If the track is set to monitor or is armed for recording, when you play the keyboard you should see the MIDI lights on the track input and hear the VST sounding. If not, you probably have a problem with your MIDI routing or setup in the DAW.
23skidoo

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 3

Sponsor

Postby ianpatrickroe » 27 Jan 2021, 02:18

Okay will give it a go. Thanks
ianpatrickroe

Postby ianpatrickroe » 12 Feb 2021, 00:45

23skidoo wrote:
You should just drop the VST on a MIDI track by itself, and route the incoming MIDI from the keyboard (if your A1 is plugged in by USB, you would use that port and the appropriate channel for the slot you've selected) to that track. If the track is set to monitor or is armed for recording, when you play the keyboard you should see the MIDI lights on the track input and hear the VST sounding. If not, you probably have a problem with your MIDI routing or setup in the DAW.

YES this worked, much simpler than I thought it was. Also do you have any idea how to switch notifications on with this website when you want to be notified if someones quoted / replied to you? Thanks again - you seem to be my NORD LEAD GURU!
ianpatrickroe

Postby FZiegler » 12 Feb 2021, 01:30

The board settings are hidden behind the little [UCP] button in the top right corner. On the tab [Board preferences] you can set e-mail notifications for private messages as well as the default notification for replies.

Otherwise use the full editor and check the options below for "Notify me when a reply is posted" for that single post.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
FZiegler
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Previous

Return to Nord Lead / Rack Forum