Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Re: Drawbar 9 Cancel

Postby Gambold » 12 Jan 2021, 19:21

>There is a menu option that allows the turning on or off of this feature in those older Electro. But Nord did not include the feature in the latest NE6.<

Yeah, it's three years later and they haven't "fixed" it with an OS release. I too found it peculiar and can only assume that their new coding can't accommodate it.

>This is mostly to avoid potential confusion among users that may not have full B3 knowledge. We do note your request, although we can’t say much about chances for a change.<

Apparently Clavia has no intention of doing anything about it.
Last edited by Gambold on 12 Jan 2021, 19:24, edited 1 time in total.
Nord Electro 6D
Korg SV-2
Yamaha P22
IK Uno Synth
Gambold

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Sponsor

Postby Rusty Mike » 12 Jan 2021, 23:44

Gambold wrote:Apparently Clavia has no intention of doing anything about it.

Agreed. They said it was a simple thing to do, but they are simply not going to do it.
Mike from Central NJ, USA
Tools: Ten fingers, two feet, middle-age brain, questionable judgement and taste
Nords: Piano 5 73, Stage 2EX 76 HP, Electro 6D 73
Rusty Mike

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Postby StrangeAeons » 25 Jan 2021, 17:00

I too tried asking, this is the reply I got this morning:

Thanks for getting in touch! As you point out: The 9th drawbar cancellation feature is something we have on certain products, and have had on Electro’s in the past. And it seems you received some info around this previously as well, so I won’t go into detail about “why” it’s not there on the Electro 6. But in any case: Your input is duly noted, for consideration, here. As always it’s not possible to say if/when it could happen though.

Let us know if there is anything else, and we’re glad that you otherwise seem happy with your Electro 6!

As always, they didn't rule the possibility altogether, so I still hope a final Electro 6 update will finally restore this feature. Honestly, Clavia should learn a thing or two from companies like Behringer which are much more proactive and open to user feedback: considering it's a pretty easy feature to implement, their mulishness' somewhat suspicious (that is, they could be planning to restore all of the Electro 5 settings on the Electro 7, along with an updated Leslie, C/V and percussion emulation).
Last edited by StrangeAeons on 25 Jan 2021, 17:02, edited 3 times in total.
StrangeAeons
Patch Creator

Postby Blueguitar007 » 29 Jan 2021, 02:48

You can turn on or off this feature in system settings on NE5D.
Blueguitar007

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Postby vcfvca » 03 Feb 2021, 19:10

Blueguitar007 wrote:You can turn on or off this feature in system settings on NE5D.

Yes indeed. And that's the point! Why was it removed from the NE6! It is a simple fix as it is just a firmware update. It is not dependent on different hardware - it's just a software modification.
Last edited by vcfvca on 03 Feb 2021, 19:16, edited 2 times in total.
vcfvca

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Postby Rusty Mike » 03 Feb 2021, 21:38

It is indeed a software capability, as indicated in my March 2019 entry in this thread. They simply choose not to do it.

I wonder if we make an orchestrated effort to bombard them if it will any impact. It is, to me, the single most frustrating thing about the Electro 6, and otherwise great instrument.
Mike from Central NJ, USA
Tools: Ten fingers, two feet, middle-age brain, questionable judgement and taste
Nords: Piano 5 73, Stage 2EX 76 HP, Electro 6D 73
Rusty Mike

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Postby Nord33 » 04 Feb 2021, 00:09

;) Maybe sending "feedback" on Clavia's website with link to this particular thread to point it out
Nord33

Your Nord Gear #1: Other Brand

Postby StrangeAeons » 09 Feb 2021, 13:31

Rusty Mike wrote:It is indeed a software capability, as indicated in my March 2019 entry in this thread. They simply choose not to do it.

I wonder if we make an orchestrated effort to bombard them if it will any impact. It is, to me, the single most frustrating thing about the Electro 6, and otherwise great instrument.

I believe it's a great idea, and the only chance we've got. I already wrote them a couple weeks ago, and so have many of you: we need that all of the Electro 6 owners on this forum write Clavia complaining about it, even those who already did so a year or two ago (since you need a serial number, otherwise they won't probably bother replying). If we get annoying enough, they might finally please us: it's basically the poor man's lobbying! Also, while we're at it, we should ask them to restore the other missing organ option too, that is the percussion volume setting, available on the Electro 5 and any other competitor's clonewheels.
StrangeAeons
Patch Creator

Postby Mr_-G- » 09 Feb 2021, 15:03

I really do not think that is a good idea. It will most likely put Johannes in a difficult position.
Nord already said that they are aware of that request and they even replied to some users who already posted here the reply.

The author Mr_-G- was thanked by 3 members, including:
ajstanbaekgaardSchorsch
Mr_-G-

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby Gambold » 10 Feb 2021, 23:13

Nord Electro 6D
Korg SV-2
Yamaha P22
IK Uno Synth

The author Gambold was thanked by:
analogika