Everything about the Nord Wave Synthesizer

Mod Wheel Stopped Working

Postby mthomashow » 16 Jan 2021, 18:05

The Mod Wheel stopped working this morning my Nord Wave 2. It feels like it slipped off the track. I've owned five Nords over the years and this is the first time I've ever encountered a hardware problem. I've had the instrument for six months, it's never been moved, I've used it moderately, and with a gentle touch.

Has anyone encountered this on their Nord Wave 2? It's still under warranty with Sweetwater, so I'm hesitant to open it, both in terms of voiding the warranty and my lack of competence with mechanical issues.

If anyone has encountered this, have you been able to figure out any easy fix? I'm assuming not, but I thought I'd ask before going through the hassle of packing and returning for repair.

Thanks.
mthomashow

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Mod Wheel Stopped Working

Sponsor

Re: Mod Wheel Stopped Working

Postby alex78 » 17 Jan 2021, 12:55

It seems like the screw holding the wheel in place has turned loose (or was not properly tightened from the factory).
I had a similar issue with my wave1, not so intense though. It would move slightly from the vibrations when playing intensly, causing some morphing to occure if the program involved wheel morphing.
I took it to a friend and technician and we opened it together and fixed it easily.
In your occassion, since the keyboard is still under guarrantee and you are not that much into mechanical stuff, I would suggest returning it for repair. It is preferable to live without it for a while rather than voiding the guarrantee, it might cover you for other issues (if any) in the future. Good luck!!!
alex78
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby mthomashow » 17 Jan 2021, 13:18

Thank for the response, Alex. It's much appreciated. I figured I was heading for the return route.
mthomashow

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Postby Spider » 17 Jan 2021, 14:09

Had a simulare issue on my old Wave, solved with a super easy fix which I reported here.
nord-wave-forum-f11/wave-mod-wheel-problem-halp-t4963.html

First time I read about that in a Wave 2, it's probably the same as the infamous Stage 3 wheel issue, and the solution is always the same. Hope you can fix it, but as your board is new and under warranty, check with your retailer before opening it up!
Spider

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Return to Nord Wave Forum