This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

Nord Library Buzzing Sound

Postby YakovB » 15 Jan 2021, 00:01

I've just downloaded the "ROYAL GRAND 3D" library and installed it on my Nord stage 2 and I have some sound issue with that library. I would like to know if you hear it too.
I hear strings buzzing from that library on the notes C# and D on the 5th octave when I play these notes strong with high velocity. Do you hear that too? it's very annoying for me to hear that every time I press on these notes and I can"t understand how Nord publishes a library with a sound bug like that on their library.
Attachments
Output 1-2.mp3
(230.53 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
Last edited by YakovB on 15 Jan 2021, 00:12, edited 2 times in total.
YakovB

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Nord Library Buzzing Sound

Sponsor

Re: Nord Library Buzzing Sound

Postby baekgaard » 15 Jan 2021, 01:08

It's probably because the sampled piano sound like this... Nord tries to faithfully reproduce the small issues a real piano has. That is what makes the sound more alive.

If you don't like it, you can try the L instead of the XL version. The L version is usually a bit cleaner. If you play the L now, try the XL where problematic tones won't be stretched to neighbors.

PS: Welcome to the forum :-)

Sent from my phone in brevity
Last edited by baekgaard on 15 Jan 2021, 01:10, edited 1 time in total.
baekgaard

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby YakovB » 15 Jan 2021, 01:21

baekgaard wrote:It's probably because the sampled piano sound like this... Nord tries to faithfully reproduce the small issues a real piano has. That is what makes the sound more alive.

If you don't like it, you can try the L instead of the XL version. The L version is usually a bit cleaner. If you play the L now, try the XL where problematic tones won't be stretched to neighbors.

PS: Welcome to the forum :-)

Sent from my phone in brevity

Thank you for your answer!
I also tried both, L and XL. the record is from XL library. I hear that on both libraries
YakovB

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby cphollis » 15 Jan 2021, 01:48

Not sure this is what you're hearing, but if you listen closely to the piano samples, you can hear the imperfections. I sort of like them -- just like the real thing!!
I think I have gear issues ....
cphollis

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 5

Postby tsss27 » 15 Jan 2021, 02:09

I think this is just a natural part of that piano's sound... If you're used to the much cleaner pianos from other brands it can be a shock at first if you try and isolate individual notes like this, but when played as an instrument this gives a lot of character. I find most other brands have samples that are too perfect, almost lifeless in many cases. I know some people prefer that, but I'll take the Nord samples any day. Plus, if that particular sample bothers you, there are lots of others to try! :)
tsss27
Patch Creator

Return to General Nord Forum