All topics involving amplification and other accessories you are using with your Nord, and how all those things work together.

Lounsberry Tall, Fat & Wide pedal

Postby alex78 » 07 Jan 2021, 20:57

Hello everyone, I wish all of you a happy new year with health, freedom and many many gigs!
I was considering getting an OD pedal for some extra gritt to my rock organ and EP's. Watched some youtube videos of the Organ Grinder and the Tall & Fat that are specially designed for organ. They both sound fabulous, but...they are mono and that is probably not good when using the nord's internal lesslie effect that needs stereo to be realistic. I can not afford extra money for a neo ventilator at the moment, in order to take the mono signal of the pedal and output it as stereo to the PA.
But I recently discovered the Tall, Fat & Wide pedal wich is stereo but much more expensive (345€ on thomman while the other two are about 100€ less). Has anybody tried this pedal with his nord? Is it worth the extra money?
alex78

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Lounsberry Tall, Fat & Wide pedal

Sponsor

Re: Lounsberry Tall, Fat & Wide pedal

Postby cphollis » 07 Jan 2021, 23:01

I can say that a leslie simulation in stereo is a glorious experience. But stereo isn't an option in many live gigging situations. I can't say whether or not it's worth it to you or your audience.
cphollis

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 4

Re: Lounsberry Tall, Fat & Wide pedal

Postby alex78 » 07 Jan 2021, 23:46

I'm going out in stereo, both my nords on a small behringer mixer sitting on my electro next to the drawbars, a single stereo signal to the main mixer with the rest of the band and from there to FOH when live or to a pair of speakers when rehearsing.
The sound from the nords is awesome as it is, no one ever complained about it. I just thought this pedal could give some extra Gritt and character to the sound. We play hard rock & metal stuff and except from organ and other synth sounds, I also play some distorted guitar parts with my wave. In that occassion this pedal could come in handy when cranked up! The wave's drive is nice in lower settings but over 10o'clock is getting annoying.
alex78

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Return to Accessories and Amplification