Present yourself, your keyboard rig and your music, including links to your myspace, band websites, competitions etc.

Introducing myself shortly

Postby Ichnos » 02 Jan 2021, 20:39

Hello everyone,

finally I manage to write a self-introducing post!

I'm a sardinian (--> italian) living in Germany.

I started playing piano when I was about 8/9 years old, then studied it from 10 to 18/19. I studied classical piano but love progressive rock just as much (international classics like Genesis, ELP and King Crimson as well as italian prog 'classics' like PFM, Le Orme and Banco del Mutuo Soccorso).

In my teenage years I played in several bands, spanning from rock/hard rock covers (mostly such as Deep Purple and Pink Floyd) to italian classics (like De André) and folk-rock original music.
In those years, beside my vertical acoustic piano, I played whatever keyboard I could find or borrow, proudly including my brother's toy(?) Bontempi MRS 49 (which had in general terrible sounds but "strings" that sounded astonishingly similar to launeddas! :mrgreen: ). Luckily I eventually managed to buy an Alesis QS8.2 first and a Roland RS-70 later.

The latter kept me from insanity during my Engineering studies (far from home and from my piano) and later on. :geek: :crazy:

Last summer, after 12 looong years living without a properly-weighted piano, and after spending a year looking for a satisfying piano, I bought a Nord Grand and could not be happier with my choice!
Now I can finally re-train my fingers on a proper keybed, enjoy the awesome Nord sounds and get back to where i left... :keyboard:

Cheers to you all!

The author Ichnos was thanked by:
dmamfmgm
Ichnos

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Grand

Introducing myself shortly

Sponsor

Re: Introducing myself shortly

Postby Berretje » 03 Jan 2021, 00:44

Hi and welcome!

We have lots of information and helpful members on this (i must say) amazing forum.
As they say in a particular song: "You can check out any time you like. But you can (probably) never leave!"
Gr Bart

Coverband Blush
Nord User Sounds - Program/Sample Collection

>> Check this awesome website to visually view the settings of your NS2/NS3 programs!

Current gear
Nord Stage 2 HA88
Yamaha Tyros 5
Connected with a MioXM and powered by Bandhelper

The author Berretje was thanked by:
Ichnos
Berretje

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Re: Introducing myself shortly

Postby JayDee » 04 Jan 2021, 18:17

Benvenuto Ichnos from the part of California that hasn't burned....yet.

The author JayDee was thanked by:
Ichnos
JayDee

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Return to Your Music & Keyboard Rig