Nord's classical Virtual Analog Synth Nord LEAD 1/2/2x/3/4/A1 and Nord Rack versions

Re: Nord Lead 3 Librarian/Patch Editor for Mac OS

Postby 23skidoo » 13 Nov 2020, 05:56

Update: the software is out of beta. You can download version 1.0 here: https://github.com/malacalypse/NordLead3Librarian
Please note that it is code signed, but not notarized. You must unzip the file, then right-click on the executable, then click "open", then in the popup click "open" again to get MacOS to run it. After you go through that hassle once you don't need to do it again.

The author 23skidoo was thanked by:
mt3hh
23skidoo

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 3

Sponsor

Postby Rossler » 22 Dec 2020, 07:40

Hi. First post here. First just want to say thank you for creating this program. I deleted all the patches in bank 8 so that I could load 128 patches from the computer. I did everything as it instructed me and when I sent them to the synth I saw all the patches going into the synth by their names, but when I went to try some of them out I saw that bank 8 is completely empty. I tried this twice and program bank 8 is still empty. Any thoughts on what I could be doing wrong? Thanks in advance.
Rossler

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 3

Postby 23skidoo » 23 Dec 2020, 01:10

No clue there. If the synth sees the name, it means it received the sysex without corruption (there is a checksum in there to be sure). You might want to make dead certain nothing is sending MIDI clock on the connection (or any other MIDI) as that might somehow cause the synth to fail to store the patches, but generally if it sees the name coming in, it's good. Have you tried the audition feature to be sure the synth is correctly receiving sysex at all?

Please note I don't really offer tech support for this software - a consequence of offering it for free. I also do not frequent this forum often. As a result, do not expect any particular responsiveness regarding this or any other tech support issue with this software. A big part of why it's free is because I just don't have time to teach people how to MIDI.
23skidoo

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 3

Postby Rossler » 25 Dec 2020, 01:04

Nothing works. Bank 8 is now permanently empty. I can't even load the old patches from before I emptied it.
Rossler

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 3

Previous

Return to Nord Lead / Rack Forum