Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Re: Nord Electro 3 - No sound ?

Postby Arjan P » 06 Oct 2020, 00:43

Do you get no sound from any of the engines? I mean, no piano, no sample play and no organ sounds?
Arjan P

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Sponsor

Postby skipgilles » 06 Oct 2020, 13:01

I would recommend following bjosko's suggestion first: check whether due to any glitch in the system, "local control" was turned off. Unlikely, but definitely worth checking.
skipgilles
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Postby joeogborn » 17 Dec 2020, 22:15

I've encountered exactly the same problem in the last two weeks.

My Nord Electro 3 powers on absolutely fine, but I have no audio out from the stereo outputs or headphone socket when I play.

If I use 'Monitor In' to play a track, I can hear it through my headphones, so the problem seems to be definitely related to the software. This is really frustrating as I have had absolutely no problems with the Electro 3 which I bought almost 14 years ago or so.

I've flagged it up with Nord to see if they can shed any light. There is no external or internal damage to the keyboard.

You're not alone. I wonder if other Electro users are experiencing this.
joeogborn

Postby maxpiano » 17 Dec 2020, 22:31

joeogborn wrote:If I use 'Monitor In' to play a track, I can hear it through my headphones, so the problem seems to be definitely related to the software.

Not necessarily, a HW failure could also be the cause (e.g. the DAC that outputs the sound generated by the DSP) because the Monitor In is just a direct connection to the last stage (headphones amplifier) of the audio chain.

Try to reload the latest OS (and also check if notes messages are sent over MIDI, having enabled Global channel, when you play the keys ) if that doesn't solve and/or notes not sent-> service
Last edited by maxpiano on 17 Dec 2020, 22:35, edited 2 times in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby Berretje » 17 Dec 2020, 23:32

maxpiano wrote:
joeogborn wrote:If I use 'Monitor In' to play a track, I can hear it through my headphones, so the problem seems to be definitely related to the software.

Not necessarily, a HW failure could also be the cause (e.g. the DAC that outputs the sound generated by the DSP) because the Monitor In is just a direct connection to the last stage (headphones amplifier) of the audio chain.

Try to reload the latest OS (and also check if notes messages are sent over MIDI, having enabled Global channel, when you play the keys ) if that doesn't solve and/or notes not sent-> service
Do you have an expression pedal connected? Maybe it's all the way down (volume off)?
Gr Bart

Coverband Blush
Nord User Sounds - Program/Sample Collection

>> Check this awesome website to visually view the settings of your NS2/NS3 programs!

Current gear
Nord Stage 2 HA88
Yamaha Tyros 5
Connected with a MioXM and powered by Bandhelper
Berretje

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby maxpiano » 18 Dec 2020, 10:11

Berretje wrote:]Do you have an expression pedal connected? Maybe it's all the way down (volume off)?

Good point (or an on/off Sustain pedal plugged into CtrlPed in by mistake)
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Previous

Return to Nord Electro Forum