Share your complete Nord Stage 3 programs/patches including sample sets (nsmp files) used, including mp3 previews.
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.

Styx - Fooling Yourself (The Angry Young Man)

Postby WannitBBBad » 29 Mar 2020, 18:17

I hope all of you are doing well. Below are three programs I put together for "Fooling Yourself" by Styx that I've been wanting to play with the band (guess that means I have to learn it now). Make sure you download all three. The intro synth should be played a little differently than on the MP3 I recorded: with my right hand I'm simply holding the low A note with my thumb while triggering the higher notes, whereas on the record the low A is played and released like the other notes. It will sound even better if you play it that way. The solo synth for the middle has a quick slap-back echo, a little amplifier distortion, and other settings to fatten it up a little - I can't wait to try through my regular setup. As with all my MP3s, I record directly from the Stage 3 to my laptop so what you hear is all Stage 3. Take care.

Note: If unable to see the information below from the Nord User Sounds site, you may need to set your browser to accept third-party cookies.

For those new to programming - Programs, MP3 examples, and links to many others
nord-stage-3-programs-ns3p-ns3pb-files-f32/for-those-new-to-programming-t15748.html
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 01 May 2020, 00:00, edited 6 times in total.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...

The author WannitBBBad was thanked by 6 members, including:
stevekrzwhatsupdkdmamfmgmAlaskanuluericLDanielD71
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Styx - Fooling Yourself (The Angry Young Man)

Sponsor

Re: Styx - Fooling Yourself (The Angry Young Man)

Postby Dcollora » 31 Mar 2020, 01:23

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

The author Dcollora was thanked by:
WannitBBBad
Dcollora

Postby twagner21 » 05 May 2020, 18:52

Hello, Thanks for posting these. My cover band does this song. I downloaded and installed but they do not sound the same as your mp3's. I think I installed them correctly, but I am fairly new to the Nord Stage 3. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
twagner21

Postby WannitBBBad » 06 May 2020, 02:19

twagner21 wrote:Hello, Thanks for posting these. My cover band does this song. I downloaded and installed but they do not sound the same as your mp3's. I think I installed them correctly, but I am fairly new to the Nord Stage 3. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Hello, I took a look at the programs and noticed each lead sound started from the first synth program 1:01, however I accidentally overwrote the default 1:01 Soft Pad 1, so possibly your Stage 3 is pulling in a parameter that I didn't change in my version. I didn't think that could happen but not sure... Just in case, I added the synth section programs used if you want to load those and link each to the appropriate program. "StyxFoolinYrslf1.ns3y" is the lead synth I used for "StyxFoolnYrslf1W.ns3f" and "StyxFoolnYrslf2W.ns3f", and "StyxFoolinYrslf3.ns3y" is the lead synth I used for "StyxFoolnYrslf3W.ns3f".

A couple other things, I use a Control Pedal for certain volume levels, and I use a piano to reinforce a bass note in the intro that you might not have. My list of pianos used is at nord-stage-3-programs-ns3p-ns3pb-files-f32/my-pianos-t19422.html Let me know if this works for you. Good luck!
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 06 May 2020, 02:33, edited 3 times in total.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Postby twagner21 » 11 Dec 2020, 23:10

Hello, So sorry for the late reply. I just got back to this song and yes, it was the volumes causing my issue. I never noticed that the volumes were being controlled by a pedal, so when I loaded the programs, the volumes defaulted to "0". After adjusting my volumes, the sounds are spot on the original. Very impressive! Thanks so much for sharing!
twagner21

Postby 3 Stages Live » 02 May 2021, 03:30

Hello,
I wonder if anyone could offer some suggestions with regard to an error that occurred when trying to install the three Foolin' Yourself programs into my Stage 3. I initially dowloaded and installed the first program without error. However, when I tried to install the second or third program, I received this error: Download failed: CReqFileClose failed: File exists (4). I am using Sound Manager 7.54 on a Mac running OS Catalina.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Kind Regards,
Bill
3 Stages Live

Postby WannitBBBad » 02 May 2021, 04:02

Hello, try removing "patch_50192_" from the beginning of the three files to save them in their original form. Stage 3 program names are 16 characters long, and I believe after the first program was loaded that the other two (same characters for the first 16) looked like duplicates. I've attached the programs below if that doesn't work for you. Take care

StyxFoolnYrslf1W.ns3f
Stage 3 Program #1 for "Fooling Yourself" by Styx
(592 Bytes) Downloaded 173 times
StyxFoolnYrslf2W.ns3f
Stage 3 Program #2 for "Fooling Yourself" by Styx
(592 Bytes) Downloaded 164 times
StyxFoolnYrslf3W.ns3f
Stage 3 Program #3 for "Fooling Yourself" by Styx
(592 Bytes) Downloaded 175 times
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 02 May 2021, 04:13, edited 2 times in total.

The author WannitBBBad was thanked by:
mobil
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Postby 3 Stages Live » 02 May 2021, 13:32

WannitBBBad,

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I didn’t even think about the fact that it might not be Abel to see the end of the patch name and therefore believe it was already installed. I think I just delete the original and just install the modified versions you were kind enough to post below.

Oh, do you know if in the first patch it is supped to have two piano samples. The one in A being a layered EP ballad 1 and the one in B panel being the Royal Grand? When I loaded the orginal it came up with the panel B piano sample as being not foud but said it was the Royal Grand large.

Also, in a previous post if mentions that you had accidentally overwrote the soft pad 1 sample. Does this mean it should not come up as soft pad 1 in the patch? I was unclear if it was necessary to load the three lead sounds separate to and link them to each patch?

Thanks again for your wonderful sounds and willingness to help.

All the best

Bill
3 Stages Live

Postby WannitBBBad » 02 May 2021, 14:01

You're welcome! You should be fine just loading the programs as-is and then relinking the piano to a comparable one (not used but you'll still get a message one wasn't found if you don't have it). My note about the soft pad1 was speculation that ended up not being a problem. When I first got my Stage 3, I replaced all the XL pianos with smaller versions and then added others to have a wider selection available to me (45 total). If interested, my piano list can be found at post130083.html?hilit=list%20pianos#p130083 along with another list with the pianos used on these programs and others I've posted. Note that I use a control pedal in almost all of my programs including these. Good luck!
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 02 May 2021, 14:03, edited 1 time in total.
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Postby DanielD71 » 17 Jun 2023, 20:59

Hello All,

Just said thanks to WannitBBBad for all his programs given for free to our community.

Regards

Dan

———

Sent: Today, 08:29
by WannitBBBad

You're welcome, and thanks so much for attaching the video! You do a really nice job covering all the keyboard parts (your son as well on guitar). It's such a great thing that you and your son can connect in that way. I sure wish YouTube and Karoake Version were around when I was a kid! Good luck to you and thanks again.

BTW, feel free to post your video with my post if you'd like others to check it out!

Sent: Today, 07:49
by DanielD71

Hello,Just finished our Fooling Yourself’s video. I used part of your program on my NS3 (sound really good) and I used my Kurzweil PC3 for the synth melody and lead parts. Wanted to use the internal sounds of the PC3 for these.

My son is playing the guitar parts. We are using a backing track from Karaoke Version for the drum, bass and vocals.

Thanks again for the programs you give to our community.

Dan

https://youtu.be/ZobgK3cpth0
Daniel

The author DanielD71 was thanked by:
WannitBBBad
DanielD71

Next

Return to Nord Stage 3 Programs (*.ns3p files)