Nord's classical Virtual Analog Synth Nord LEAD 1/2/2x/3/4/A1 and Nord Rack versions

program dump need help

Postby jashwa » 28 Oct 2020, 19:17

can anyone help me to perform a program dump from a macbook pro to a NL3?

the issue I am having is there is no bank 3 at this moment loaded onto the synthesizer. so I can not erase what is already missing which is the step required in the manual.

is there any type of program that I can put on my laptop that will help me to perform this function?

please help
jashwa

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 3

program dump need help

Sponsor

Re: program dump need help

Postby 23skidoo » 29 Oct 2020, 01:08

There is always a bank on the synth, even if it is empty. You can re-erase it and it will wait for you to send the new patches.
23skidoo

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 3

Postby jashwa » 30 Oct 2020, 00:14

thank you, if I navigate from bank 1, I can then see bank 2, when I navigate from bank 2 I am then immediately am in bank 4 even if I navigate the other direction no #3 is visible no matter which slot is selected. bank 3 is completely missing from my navigation, any other suggestion?
jashwa

Postby 23skidoo » 30 Oct 2020, 00:42

If you use the "Synth" menu as described in the process on Page 126 in the manual for Program Receive, you will see that bank 3 is selectable there.I just tried it with a completely erased bank 3. It works fine.
23skidoo

Postby jashwa » 01 Nov 2020, 01:57

ok, that worked perfectly....now my nord is ready for the bank dump, can you recommend an app or program that will let my macbook pro dump the bank to my nord lead3?

right now the macbook which is Mac os X version 10.6.8 does not see my lead3 connected via midi in to out on lead3 and midi out from usb to Midi in on lead3.

again thank you very much for your help,

Jashwa
jashwa

Postby 23skidoo » 02 Nov 2020, 23:45

Sysex Librarian works great for bulk dumps like that, and for backing up your synth.
23skidoo

Postby jashwa » 22 Nov 2020, 02:17

I have attempted numerous times to receive a bank using the nord sysex library to replace a bank of programs.
I can see each of the bank programs go by in the display on my nord, ending on the last program name in the bank.
then I press a navigator button, or synth button, each time none of the programs are being saved. the memory protect is off. I do not know what to try next to save the programs in the bank.
any suggestions?
jashwa

Postby 23skidoo » 25 Nov 2020, 04:37

Hard to say what your problem is without any additional details. Has it ever worked for you? Are you sending programs or performances? Are you checking in the right mode of the synth (program vs. performance) that the bank has the desired content? When you say "none of the programs are being saved" what exactly do you mean by this? Also, are you certain the programs or performances you are trying to send are specifically for the NL3? Last but not least, where did you get the sysex?

Have you tried sending to another bank instead to isolate the problem to one or another bank? Try inserting a slight delay between each program (the "Pause between messages" setting in Sysex Librarian can be usefully set to about 100ms here).
23skidoo

Postby generalkustard » 18 Mar 2021, 15:14

I am having exactly the same problem. I used to have a NL3 many years ago and saved all my patches. This week bought a NL3 rack in near mint condition. I put the NL3 into receive mode and initiate the dump from Cubase, the names of the patches are displayed on the screen as they are received. When I exit the banks are all empty. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I never used to have any problem with my old lead 3.
Last edited by generalkustard on 18 Mar 2021, 19:10, edited 2 times in total.
generalkustard

Postby generalkustard » 19 Mar 2021, 00:37

generalkustard wrote:I am having exactly the same problem. I used to have a NL3 many years ago and saved all my patches. This week bought a NL3 rack in near mint condition. I put the NL3 into receive mode and initiate the dump from Cubase, the names of the patches are displayed on the screen as they are received. When I exit the banks are all empty. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I never used to have any problem with my old lead 3.

I spent several hours trying to upload my old patches to the NL3 tonight. For some reason a few patches were copied into memory but most of them were "receive error".
As a last resort I tried loading the factory banks and they loaded without any problems so it seems there is something about the sysex of my old patches that the NL3 does not like but I have no idea what could be happening. Does anybody have any clues as to what might be going on and if there is any way to fix it. I've got a ton of old patches that I really want to revisit.
generalkustard

Next

Return to Nord Lead / Rack Forum