General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Re: NS3 program viewer

Postby Berretje » 25 Oct 2020, 00:47

paolo60 wrote:is it possible to use it offline?

Here is the source code: https://github.com/Chris55/ns3-program-viewer
Give it a shot ;)

But no, this is a website so you can't use it offline I guess.
Gr Bart

Coverband Blush
Nord User Sounds - Program/Sample Collection

>> Check this awesome website to visually view the settings of your NS2/NS3 programs!

Current gear
Nord Stage 2 HA88
Yamaha Tyros 5
Connected with a MioXM and powered by Bandhelper
Berretje

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Sponsor

Postby maxpiano » 25 Oct 2020, 07:21

Berretje wrote:
paolo60 wrote:is it possible to use it offline?

Here is the source code: https://github.com/Chris55/ns3-program-viewer
Give it a shot ;)

But no, this is a website so you can't use it offline I guess.

Well actually you could, if you install a web server service on your own computer and run it there ("localhost"), but of course this requires some know-how about web development. Maybe the authors could provide a how-to (do this) in the future.
Last edited by maxpiano on 25 Oct 2020, 07:23, edited 1 time in total.

The author maxpiano was thanked by:
A_440
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby florence » 25 Oct 2020, 11:09

all answers are correct, in current version it is online only. But few options are possible to have it as an offline app with some effort :) But wondering what would be the benefits to run it offline...?
My free online tool to view Nord Stage programs https://ns3-program-viewer.cyclic.app
florence
Patch Creator

Postby Schorsch » 25 Oct 2020, 13:21

florence wrote:all answers are correct, in current version it is online only. But few options are possible to have it as an offline app with some effort :) But wondering what would be the benefits to run it offline...?

The only benefit I could think of is using it in environments where an internet access is not available ...
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..
Schorsch
Donator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby florence » 25 Oct 2020, 14:02

sure. can be added to the backlog.... right now roadmap is to include NS2 ns2p files, NS3 Synth ns3y files, and batch (zip file) import to generate reports with multiple programs.... work until Chrismas :)
My free online tool to view Nord Stage programs https://ns3-program-viewer.cyclic.app

The author florence was thanked by 2 members, including:
SpiderSchorsch
florence
Patch Creator

Postby paolo60 » 25 Oct 2020, 15:10

Schorsch wrote:
florence wrote:all answers are correct, in current version it is online only. But few options are possible to have it as an offline app with some effort :) But wondering what would be the benefits to run it offline...?

The only benefit I could think of is using it in environments where an internet access is not available ...

Exactly
Anyway many thanks to authors for the great work !!!
paolo60

Postby Johannes » 26 Oct 2020, 10:39

Excellent work, looks awesome! A NS2P version would be perfect!
A bit kudos to the developers! Bravo!

Johannes
Johannes
Administrator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby florence » 26 Oct 2020, 18:53

thank you! I hope it proves useful.
florence
Patch Creator

Postby florence » 23 Nov 2020, 19:27

Thanks Hlaalu !

will check how is implemented the output routing, if it is per program it can be added... also @Hobster proposed his help to check these global settings, once available it can be added of course.

regarding the synth engine: right I tried different approach but maybe not the most simple :)

first the type is under OSC (Sample, Classic, Wave....)

If Sample then
- Nord Library Sample: The name is actually not stored in the program itself, only a sample ID that is a hash code from the Original Nord Sample library file. I added all library hash code to be able to translate it to a name. If the sample ID is unknown then it simply shows Unknown...
- User sample: the name is stored in the Preset property. I simply show the preset name.

If Classic, Wave, Formant, Super...
- I show the Waveform name and optional Preset name if available

Finally if the displayed name is the same as the preset, I show it only one time... this is maybe what cause your confusion...

The author florence was thanked by:
A_440
florence
Patch Creator

Postby Hobster » 24 Nov 2020, 00:07

As Florence stated, I will be taking a look at other possible global settings.

This is part of the work I'm currently doing which is writing a Perl script that takes an NS3 program file and outputs, in a simple and fairly user-configurable way, a text file with all the parameter values.
It doesn't look as polished as Florence's online viewer as there's no real graphics but it can do this in batches and should be useful, among other things, for seeing how all Nord's presets work and for easily comparing one file that you know is slightly different to another file but are not quite sure why, for example.

It was Florence's work that actually inspired me to do this as he's done the hard work of not only figuring out what 'bits' in the .ns3f file represent each parameter, but also which Nord samples are used. That last bit will have been extremely time consuming as the sample names are not stored in the file but, instead, a 'hash' of the name is stored.
And as we don't have the hashing algorithm that Nord uses, he's had to individually map, one at a time, EVERY sample to the hash it produces!

Being a software engineer, I can tell you this guy has put a HUGE amount of effort into his viewer! :clap:
I hope my script will prove useful and will hopefully be available in the next week or two.

Once again though, huge thanks to Florence and the other guys who contributed to this herculean effort :thumbup:

PS. With regards the sample names, user sample names are also stored as hashes so, again, without knowing Nord's hashing algorithm, it's impossible to display the name of a user sample. We don't even know if it's a one-to-one hash-to-name thang or if the hash translates to some sort of internal storage mapping...
Of course, if Nord would care to let us in on their hashing algorithm... 8-)
Last edited by Hobster on 24 Nov 2020, 00:14, edited 1 time in total.

The author Hobster was thanked by:
A_440
Hobster

PreviousNext

Return to Nord Stage Forum