Share your complete Nord Stage 2 programs/patches including sample sets (nsmp files) used, including mp3 previews.
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.

Spacehog - In The Meantime

Postby jp123 » 03 Nov 2013, 00:02

In The Meantime has always been one of my favorite rock songs from the 90s. This summer I got a chance to cover it at a live venue with my shiny, relatively new Stage 2.

I had read somewhere that Spacehog got the intro telephone sample from Penguin Cafe Orchestra's "Telephone and a Rubber Band" so I did the same. It was a good excuse to finally sit down and learn the ins and outs of the Nord Sample Editor.

Make sure you listen to the audio on a decent pair of headphones or speakers so you can hear the signature bass line from this song. I hope some other people can get some use out of this patch or make some improvements!

Watch on youtube.com

Watch on youtube.com
Attachments
PowerSynths Mighty Pad BR.nsmp
(3.76 MiB) Downloaded 799 times
In The Meantime.nsmp
(71.48 KiB) Downloaded 644 times
ITMeantime CP.ns2p
(547 Bytes) Downloaded 458 times
Emeris - In The Meantime.mp3
(447.35 KiB) Downloaded 4697 times

The author jp123 was thanked by:
Bradcunningham8
jp123
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Spacehog - In The Meantime

Sponsor

Re: Spacehog - In The Meantime

Postby Toddhamby » 05 Dec 2015, 02:45

nice!
Toddhamby

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX

Postby Jasonpank » 18 Oct 2020, 18:37

This is great, thank you!

I have a stage 3 and am a new user.

I was able to load the sample files (they were up converted) but not the program. The sound manager indicated the extension (ns2p) is not supported by this instrument.

Does anyone know how to do this? I have created my own program with a split and dial tone on the low and the other sample up higher. Perhaps this is the simple fix and there is nothing else to the program so I don't really need it?

I am also trying to vary the Power Synths Mighty sample to add some drama during the song. I think Spacehog messed around with oscillators or something during the song. I am not certain how to do this.

Thanks either way!
Jasonpank

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby Schorsch » 18 Oct 2020, 19:38

Programs of different Nord Stage generations (also true for Electro for example) are not compatible to each other due to different hardware. All you can do is re-create a program to get as close as possible to the original.

You can use Florenceā€™s program viewer to load the Stage 2 program and get the information of all parameters used in this program, and then create a new program on the Stage 3.

The program viewer can be found here: https://ns3-program-viewer.herokuapp.com/

This is the thread about it: https://www.norduserforum.com/nord-stage-forum-f3/ns3-program-viewer-t19939-20.html
Last edited by Schorsch on 18 Oct 2020, 19:42, edited 1 time in total.
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..

The author Schorsch was thanked by 2 members, including:
florenceJasonpank
Schorsch
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord Stage 2 Programs (*.ns2p files)