Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Nord E6 - Is this a common fault?

Postby vitolanzafame » 16 Oct 2020, 15:56

Hi all,

I picked up a used E6 and all seemed well for a while... until i played around with the organ section. The Organ Model selector button is creating some very strange and unexpected behaviour- even the most gentle touch (not even properly depressing the button) causes the display to jump around and cycle through the different organs very rapidly.
Thankfully the current sound isn't affected, so I can continue to play (should this happen live for example) but I spent a small fortune on this keyboard and I really hoped it would not need repairing.

Does anyone know if a. This sounds like a hardware problem? (I'm guessing yes)
and b. If Nord's warranty is effective even if the product is second hand?

Thanks for reading.
vitolanzafame

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Nord E6 - Is this a common fault?

Sponsor

Re: Nord E6 - Is this a common fault?

Postby FZiegler » 16 Oct 2020, 19:29

OT:
Well, I don't know the exact warranty conditions - but I wanted to check on the Nord website, and don't get there: for security reasons, my browser has blocked https://www.nordkeyboards.com/ because of an expired security certificate (16.10.2020).
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
FZiegler
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: Nord E6 - Is this a common fault?

Postby maxpiano » 16 Oct 2020, 19:42

vitolanzafame wrote:Hi all,

I picked up a used E6 and all seemed well for a while... until i played around with the organ section. The Organ Model selector button is creating some very strange and unexpected behaviour- even the most gentle touch (not even properly depressing the button) causes the display to jump around and cycle through the different organs very rapidly.
Thankfully the current sound isn't affected, so I can continue to play (should this happen live for example) but I spent a small fortune on this keyboard and I really hoped it would not need repairing.

Does anyone know if a. This sounds like a hardware problem? (I'm guessing yes)
and b. If Nord's warranty is effective even if the product is second hand?

Thanks for reading.

Hi Vito and welcome to NUF

I'd say that (a) yes looks like a HW fault and (b) the warranty should apply even on second hand as far as you can prove the original date of purchase and you are still covered, I suggest you contact the Nord distributor for UK https://www.soundtech.co.uk/music-retail/nord to check if your NE6 serial has still a valid warranty associated.
Last edited by maxpiano on 16 Oct 2020, 19:42, edited 1 time in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord Electro Forum