Share your complete Nord Stage 3 programs/patches including sample sets (nsmp files) used, including mp3 previews.
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.

Shine a Little Love by Electric Light Orchestra (ELO)

Postby Transonic » 08 Sep 2020, 04:29

Hi everyone!

With reference to the song "Shine a Little Love" by Electric Light Orchestra (ELO), I have a Nord Stage 3 and am trying to find a way to replicate that cascading descending keyboard sound near the start of the song. It kind of sounds like a chromatic glide down the keyboard but haven't had much luck so far creating the sound. Any ideas? Or does anyone currently utilise a specific sound/patch for this song? Ideally I'm trying to achieve an effect where I can activate the sound just by pressing one key and then it starts the glide down. Thanks in advance!
My Gear:
Nord Stage 3 88
Nord Electro 6D 73
Nord Lead 4
Transonic

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Shine a Little Love by Electric Light Orchestra (ELO)

Sponsor

Re: Shine a Little Love by Electric Light Orchestra (ELO)

Postby Stink_Finger_UK » 08 Sep 2020, 19:35

The sound you're looking for sounds pretty much like the sample used at the beginning of the program created by WannitBBBad on the Styx - Too Much Time On MY Hands thread.
Not sure if its in the right key but its pretty close as a starting point.

The author Stink_Finger_UK was thanked by:
Transonic
Stink_Finger_UK

Postby Transonic » 10 Sep 2020, 02:30

Ok thanks for the tip! Will go have a listen.
My Gear:
Nord Stage 3 88
Nord Electro 6D 73
Nord Lead 4
Transonic

Postby WannitBBBad » 13 Sep 2020, 16:01

Transonic wrote:Hi everyone! With reference to the song "Shine a Little Love" by Electric Light Orchestra (ELO), I have a Nord Stage 3 and am trying to find a way to replicate that cascading descending keyboard sound near the start of the song. It kind of sounds like a chromatic glide down the keyboard but haven't had much luck so far creating the sound. Any ideas?....

To make a sample, once you have the sound you like (it sounds like a monophonic synth with sustain to me), I would suggest recording the chromatic drop for an octave at a speed to cleanly cover the notes and let the last note sustain a little (or you can sequence it if you have a MIDI sequencer). At this point, don't add any delay effect. In Audacity or other WAV editing software, speed up the tempo (not pitch) of your recording as needed to what's used in the song. Import your saved WAV file into the Nord Sample Editor and set it to loop where it sounds correct to you. Save the file and import the NSMP3 file into your keyboard where you can then work on adding the delay effect to top it off. That's how I would go at it to start. I hope that helps, take care.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...

The author WannitBBBad was thanked by:
Transonic
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Postby Transonic » 28 Sep 2020, 04:54

Hi thanks for your reply WannitBBBad!
This is pretty much what I have done now, though I used the arpeggiator set to down and added a little glide and then recorded it into my PC after which I then tweaked it a little in Audacity, exported as a WAV then imported via Nord Sample Editor and then finally added the delay effects etc ...
Working great now!
My Gear:
Nord Stage 3 88
Nord Electro 6D 73
Nord Lead 4
Transonic

Return to Nord Stage 3 Programs (*.ns3p files)